No announcement yet.

Chevy- never again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's 2016 Tahoe had the condenser crack at about 75K.

Comment

2007 KR F150...248k miles. Replaced bearings in the rear end, replaced Arms or whatever in the front end suspension. No major issues...but currently leaks a bit of power steering fluid. They want 2k to fix it. I fix it every few months with a $1’s worth of power steering fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Curious.... Why does every Toyota dealer have a service department?
        They have people there for the tire rotation and free oil changes.

Comment

Just gave my son my 2013 GMC Sierra 4x4 with 143,000 trouble free miles and in mint condition. Can’t complain about that truck. It’s also good to buy extended warranties.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
            That was the first round of problems. Now it’s a leak in the rear part of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Very common issue that needs to be under a recall.

Comment

Replaced our condenser around 80-90k

Comment

My BIL got rid of his wifes 15 tahoe because the a/c went out and got a jeep to replace it...They just had twins so they got a suburban xl. Less than 50k miles later the a/c went out on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                  Let me guess, its the bracket that holds the AC line up.. It broke because its made out of thin aluminum? Myself and 3 buddies with 2014-2017 Chevy/Gm trucks have all had this exact same issue. Dealership tried to tell me it was the Compressor and charge me $1800, mom and pop shop did it for $350
                  My ‘14 Silverado has same problem. However, I got it done for $850

Comment

Toyota guys are touchy...
                    Must suck to own a truck that EVERY manufacture dominates in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Toyota guys are touchy...
                      Must suck to own a truck that EVERY manufacture dominates in performance.
                      It performs alright, and keeps going, and going.
                      Been awhile since I heard of a million mile, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge, but seems like it happens every yr with Toyota.
                      Maybe I just don't look hard enough

Comment

A lot of you guys need a skilled mechanic, not a different brand vehicle. All these problems take a little bit of mechanical knowledge to repair........Does your guy actually qualify???

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
                          A lot of you guys need a skilled mechanic, not a different brand vehicle. All these problems take a little bit of mechanical knowledge to repair........Does your guy actually qualify???
                          Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            It performs alright, and keeps going, and going.
                            Been awhile since I heard of a million mile, Ford, Chevy, or Dodge, but seems like it happens every yr with Toyota.
                            Maybe I just don't look hard enough
                            If last place is “alright”, maybe so...
                            There isn’t a truck in the world I would want to drive for a million miles...

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              They have people there for the tire rotation and free oil changes.
                              Well dang... Regular maintenance by the dealer is important.

Comment

I have 0 brand loyalty, I get the best deal I can on what's out there, that thing starts giving a problem that I think is gonna be an ongoing thing, I dump it and go to the next best deal! So far Nissan has the best track record for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X