X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cricman View Post
    That and strawberries!

cricman
    The one I had as a kid would eat black berries outta my hand. He loved em along with lettuce. I kept him for about a year and then turned him loose.

Comment

Wife caught this one at home today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Wife caught this one at home today.

Now that one will bite and hold on until it thunders.

At our old house we had a box turtle that showed up every spring and summer. Was always eating the dogs food.

Comment

We had a bunch for pets when I was a kid.. my dad had a pen full until he passed away .. I pulled the sides off the pen but the turtles still come to their food bowl .. my mom feeds them fruit and vegetables..

I saw a girl throw one in a pond one time because she thought she was saving it.. poor turtle probably drowned..

Comment

We always had a couple when I was younger. They would always come up to the porch to get fed.

Comment

I had one as a kid. Painted my initials on his shell with white-out. (I was unaware at the time but you're definitely not supposed to do this as it can impact the growth of their shell.)

He lived in the backyard and would disappear for months at a time, then show back up for a while.

Comment

Dale Moser, I think that's an alligator turtle and they are illegal to possess in Texas. I think I just read in a recent P&W magazine article that box turtles are becoming endangered due to the number of poachers and black market trade. I have the article around here somewhere.
                Last edited by Pistol; 03-25-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  Dale Moser, I think that's an alligator turtle and they are illegal to possess in Texas. I think I just read in a recent P&W magazine article that box turtles are becoming endangered due to the number of poachers and black market trade. I have it around here somewhere.

So I’ve been told. When I get home, my son and I will drive him to a little creek bottom near the house. I think he was probably hatched around my neighbors tank, and he was wandering around very near the street.

Comment

Funny this thread popped up today. My wife and daughter caught a baby red ear in the yard yesterday. My daughter is obsessed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                      I think I just read in a recent P&W magazine article that box turtles are becoming endangered due to the number of poachers and black market trade.
                      Fire Ants wiped them out as well.

Comment

lol
                        Last edited by Quackerbox; 03-25-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I tried to save a good size snapping turtle on the feeder a few days ago.
                          A #$_&che bag in a white fx2 Ford swung over and killed him in front of my daughter before I could get to him.
                          She wanted me to chase him down and whoop on him.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                            I tried to save a good size snapping turtle on the feeder a few days ago.
                            A #$_&che bag in a white fx2 Ford swung over and killed him in front of my daughter before I could get to him.
                            She wanted me to chase him down and whoop on him.
                            I agree with her!!

Comment

Ornate box turtle

BackwaterReptiles.com has radiant Ornate Box turtles for sale (Terrapene ornata). Live arrival is guaranteed when you buy a turtle from us!

Comment

Three toed box turtle with a nice pattern. They make good pets.

Comment

Working...
                                X