2020 catfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    We do real good in April also. Late March can be good if you can get shad. When the shad start to come in the bulkhead bite is on. Will probably give it a run this weekend. These were from April last year on bulkheads on Conroe.
    Well then... that tells me what I need to know

Comment

Are y’all rigging there weights above or below the hook on the noodles?

Comment

2020 catfish thread

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
        Are y’all rigging there weights above or below the hook on the noodles?

Man I know most people do but I have never used weights and caught plenty of fish I just use 3 feet or so of number 15 braided nylon, 5-6 ought circle hook baited with either shrimp or cut mullet. If I did use a weight I would put an egg sinker above the hook with a swivel like a Carolina rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a boat from a commercial cat fisherman many years ago. He fished the irrigation canals in south Texas. The little boat had hundreds of noodle type jug lines piled in the back. Got home, maybe 10% were there. I left a heck of a litter trail confession be known. Hope someone used em? Or cussed me as I deserved it.
          Got some shad frozen. Time to go as the whites will slow soon.

Comment

Im gonna hit Conroe in the morning chasing some cats. I will report back hopefully with a good report

Comment

Im gonna hit Conroe in the morning chasing some cats. I will report back hopefully with a good report
              Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                Good luck!
                Thanks Doug!

Comment

Fished Conroe 3 days last week. Wind blown points tight to the bulkhead with live shad produced 10-15 fish every morning

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                    Fished Conroe 3 days last week. Wind blown points tight to the bulkhead with live shad produced 10-15 fish every morning
                    Are the shad starting to come in already?

Comment

Yes but most fish were not caught under the shad. It was kinda strange.

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                          Yes but most fish were not caught under the shad. It was kinda strange.
                          Same for me. Shad been on bulkhead on Livingston for a week but no fish chasing them. Catching most of mine with tight line away from bulk head. 🤷*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                            Same for me. Shad been on bulkhead on Livingston for a week but no fish chasing them. Catching most of mine with tight line away from bulk head. 🤷*♂️
                            Last weekend....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                              Thanks! I'll be checking that out next week.

Comment

Got this girl 2 nights ago on a limb line. Bent the hook out on my cheap scale each time I lifted her up right around the 40lb mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X