• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    YeeAhhh boyee

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Word to ya motha is the phrase you were looking for I believe. Haha

On the reel discussion:

Been a curado (salt) and quantum (fresh) guy all my life. In the past couple years I started tossing Lews and man I’m impressed. The Lews pro lite (or something like that) is one bad azz reel!! Wore out trout with it as well as bass. She high dolla, but she BAD.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I recently picked up a couple new custom rods, and bought a diawa coastal tws for one of them after reading reviews here. On the other, I bought the new Lews Custom Lite slp.

Got a chance to take them both white bass fishing the other day. The diawa sure is much heavier, but it casts a mile. Can’t wait to get it in the salt slinging soft-dines!

Here is the new setup with the lews. I’m betting it’ll be my go-to wading rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I caught these on Conroe.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          I caught these on Conroe.

Conroe??

Comment

Tide must be way up!

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
              How do you know Trey?

I don’t. He was invited by a friend of mine who fishes with me pretty much every trip. I was short on crew.

Comment

Wow talk about one of those days.

Spent all morning in the Rockport/Aransas pass area. Fished drains, nice shorelines, reefs, sand, mud, shell, grass. Threw soft-dines, dsl, homereckers, saltwater assassins.
                Not a freakin bite all morning. Makes you appreciate the good days!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  Wow talk about one of those days.

Spent all morning in the Rockport/Aransas pass area. Fished drains, nice shorelines, reefs, sand, mud, shell, grass. Threw soft-dines, dsl, homereckers, saltwater assassins.
                  Not a freakin bite all morning. Makes you appreciate the good days!
                  It's called January... ... see y'all when the water warms up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    It's called January... ... see y'all when the water warms up!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                    Haha on top of that my waders leaked so when I took them off it looked like I weewee’d myself!

Comment

It's soooo easy

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        It's soooo easy

Some of us don't throw skrimps Snow Flake ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Some of us don't throw skrimps Snow Flake ...
                          Hey Mo fo I used me some mud minnows [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                            Haha on top of that my waders leaked so when I took them off it looked like I weewee’d myself!
                            Love it when that happens

Comment

Went out for a duck hunt yesterday but they weren’t flying so it turned into a mission for fillets. Broke in the new reel and yanked on some thick trout. Hunting seasons are over and it’s time to hit the fish again. Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24605656

Comment

Big Girl / Personal best

Sorry for the delay, had to wait putting this out on social media.
                                After Thanksgiving I jumped in my truck & went to mow my lot in Rockport. Figured while I was down there I would convince a friend of my to go make a few wades the following day.
                                He decided we needed to go to Baffin. After a lazy start & a good breakfast, we had the boat in the water about 10:00 am. About 1/2 way across the bay the weather changed & started pumping out of the Southwest. We decided to try anyway. 1st spot we waded throwing Corkies, Soft Dines, Grass Walkers, & various tails. I finally caught the 1st fish, a 21" Redfish. We decided to move & try another spot. After following sporadic bait & trying different approaches we ended up about 300 yards apart & 500 yards from the boat. I kept getting very light hits near one spot with a larger mullet doing the gettaway dance. Finally a solid hit & good hook set, # 2 fish on, drag started ripping & peeling off of my spool, oh ya good fish on. After a good couple more long runs, I was able to get the fish close enough to see what it was, TROUT, BIIIIG GURL. I motioned for my friend to come out to me for pictures. The fish circled me several more times & was finally able to get the Boga Grip applied. My friend walks up & see's her in the water & says she is over 30". We get a couple sets of pictures & put her back in the water, we the get a measurement on his rod. I was able to get her back in the water quick for a good healthy release.
                                After we were able to put the tape measure to his rod we learned she was just over 32" w/o a tail pinch.
                                Now I need a good Taxi to do a replica mount.
                                Caught Nov. 30th 2019 @ 2:50 PM
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X