Rv A.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rv A.C.

If I want to run the A.C. in my travel trailer will it run with the 110 adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Comment

The lower amperage of the 110 plug is the issue. It will likely cycle on but you'll here it really struggle on start up. It is harder on your AC unit than anything else. Likely after a few cycles the breaker will pop. Unless, you have a higher amperage 110 outlet supply that you are using.

Comment

Will it damage it trying to start up?

Comment

I run my entire RV with a 15k btu, normal is 13.5k btu on a 25 amp circuit all the time but have had no problems with a 20 amp circuit. It will depend what else is one the circuit that runs at the same time. You can also get a start kit to help it with the startup, basically a bigger capacitor. If your outlet is on a 15 amp breaker you may have some problems.

It shouldn't damage anything to try it, the compressor just won't start. Just don't do it repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
            If I want to run the A.C. in my travel trailer will it run with the 110 adapter?

Yes it will. All day long. You will have to be aware of running any other major appliances while it is running though.

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

Use a thick cord. I learned that while teating mine in front yard. Cord got reallllly hot.

Comment

Dont run the ac and microwave at the same time either

Comment

Ac pulls about 15 amps, so if you outlet is on a 15 breaker, you might have trouble. Make sure you dont use an extension cord

Comment

So the trailer cord to the dog bone and into the wall then?

Comment

I just installed a second ac in my camper. Runs directly off a 11 ac plug I mounted on the exterior of my camper. It’s a 13500 btu unit. Look for rebuilt ones on eBay! I got a Colman Mach 3 rebuilt like new for 450$

Ran Rolex through ceiling and down closet today hidden to my front storage compartment. Put a pass through boat style plug on the outside wall and I plug in with a heavy duty power cord to shore power.

There’s lots of videos how to do this on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                          Ac pulls about 15 amps, so if you outlet is on a 15 breaker, you might have trouble. Make sure you dont use an extension cord

Yep if you are trying to plug this in at your house it’s likely going to be a 15amp outlet. If you can get it close to the garage you may have a 20 amp outlet in there depending on the age of your house.

Does your camper have a 30A connection or 50A?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine has. A 30 amp

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                              I just installed a second ac in my camper. Runs directly off a 11 ac plug I mounted on the exterior of my camper. It’s a 13500 btu unit. Look for rebuilt ones on eBay! I got a Colman Mach 3 rebuilt like new for 450$

Ran Rolex through ceiling and down closet today hidden to my front storage compartment. Put a pass through boat style plug on the outside wall and I plug in with a heavy duty power cord to shore power.

There’s lots of videos how to do this on YouTube.
                              I'm curious to what they rebuilt?

Comment

Working...
                              X