Travel trailer underbelly material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
    Any idea where to purchase thin sheet metal? Was my first choice as to only have to do it one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get my from the steel and metal place up US75 north of McKinney. There are metal places all over Texas. Get on Bing and Google and see if you can find them listed. You may have to purchase it in a larger place and go get it.

Comment

We need to do this at our lease. We considered coroplast but when we looked at it close the insulation is heavy and sagging. I dont know if it is ridged enough.

We thought about metal too. I used what they call coil wraps at metal mart type places. Its like 4x5 or something like that. Its what covers the raw rolls of metal in transport. they take it off before they press the metal out. It was like $1 a piece back when I got it years ago in Paris. And yes it will cut you up!

We have free access to flat roofing insulation that is 2 inches thick and comes in 4x8 sheets. Its easy to cut so that is what we are going to attempt to use.
      Last edited by Abcdj; 05-12-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Our rockwood is covered with the coroplast and sealed very well with spray foam. It is installed with tech screws and fender washers.......cC

Comment

trailer

1/8 inch hardware cloth

Comment

I would consider using R-panel.

Comment

Look up any commercial drywall supply house and they should be able to get you 4X8 or 4X9 sheets of 20 GA or 25 GA metal. We get them all the time here in Houston.

Action Gypsum or L&W Supply are both in San Antonio there and take cash sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                Look up any commercial drywall supply house and they should be able to get you 4X8 or 4X9 sheets of 20 GA or 25 GA metal. We get them all the time here in Houston.

Action Gypsum or L&W Supply are both in San Antonio there and take cash sales.

Thanks will look them up, do you know about how much the going price is per sheet?

Comment

Should be around $90 per sheet.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X