No announcement yet.

Camper Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eternabond is good stuff problem is that when whatever you are dealing with it needs replaced you are basically going to need a new roof unless you are VERY GOOD with a red hot scraper

Comment

Even though this is in the diy forum, I’ve hired a guy to do most of the work. He’s experienced in RV repair. A new roof coating is going on I think he said it’s rhino something?

Comment

Did you pull out all the moldy wood and insulation where the roof was leaking?

Why OSB over plywood for the floor, just curious?

I started in on a 30’ fifth wheel like this and ended up gutting the whole thing to the exterior walls and built it all back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisj81 View Post
          eternabond is good stuff problem is that when whatever you are dealing with it needs replaced you are basically going to need a new roof unless you are VERY GOOD with a red hot scraper
          So do you recommend not using eternabond tape? Couldn’t you just overlap the tape every few years?

Not trying to hijack, this thread is just good info on the maintenance on a RV.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
            Even though this is in the diy forum, I’ve hired a guy to do most of the work. He’s experienced in RV repair. A new roof coating is going on I think he said it’s rhino something?
            I’ve seen that stuff. Basically a Rhino liner for RV roofs. It’s supposed to be long lasting.

Are you going to put it on, or is he doing it?

Comment

That is next to fix the bad spot around the skylight in the roof. Wanted a solid floor to stand on and put step stools on, etc. The skylights themselves were cracked, there is only one bad spot in the roof itself. I went with osb for cost reasons. Trying to keep this to a strict $4,000 budget including new toilet, shower surround, and fridge. If I go over that budget, I feel like I am spending more on the trailer than she is worth.
              Last edited by TransPecos; 04-05-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                So do you recommend not using eternabond tape? Couldn’t you just overlap the tape every few years?

Not trying to hijack, this thread is just good info on the maintenance on a RV.
                I personally reccomend just keeping up with roof maintenance spring and fall.... trust me eternabond is very good at what it does. but I would not put it on my due to serviceability...... things happen and parts need to be replaced... eternabond has to be cut off.... I use it on slide out moldings but not on roof.... if it's something you aren't going to maintain and just park it and let it sit in sun on a lease... use eternabond but if you gave no problem maintaining the roof and lap sealant keep it that way.
                wash and condition roof a few times in summer for uv protection... check gaskets, sealants and roof condition after winter and summer
                Last edited by Chrisj81; 04-05-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                  That is next to fix the bad spot around the skylight in the roof. Wanted a solid floor to stand on and put step stools on, etc. The skylights themselves were cracked, there is only one bad spot in the roof itself. I went with osb for cost reasons. Trying to keep this to a strict $4,000 budget including new toilet, shower surround, and fridge. If I go over that budget, I feel like I am spending more on the trailer than she is worth.
                  what's wrong with the toilet in it?

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with the toilet. That was another wife decision that ate up $130 of my budget. She just wanted a new one.

Comment

Primer is taking forever to dry with this rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Man you ain’t messing around! Good job

Comment

I like it! Subscribed!

Comment

Working...
                                X