Camper Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper Rebuild

About a month ago, a free deer lease trailer popped up in the classifieds here on TBH. Our spring break trip cancelled, I was off work and at home. I have been needing a cheap place to stay at my deer lease, so I snatched it up. I headed down to south Texas and pulled her home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The trailer had several leaks and a hole in the floor.

Comment

I hooked her up to power and the single slide out works. This camper is 24 foot with a queen bed and a fold out couch, perfect for me and my son.

Comment

Pulled her under cover and replaced the skylights. Then tore into the floor.

Comment

Had to replace some supports and insulation, and then laid in a new subfloor.

Comment

Body count was 2 dead squirrels, and 4 other rodents that were either big mice or small rats. All clean and sanitized at this point, I let my wife come farther in than just sticking her head in the door. Her thoughts were pretty much just one big eye roll up until now.

All of a sudden she got involved and spec’ed out how she wants to see the inside of my “free deer lease trailer.”

Apparently my deer lease camper will have custom butcher block countertops..

Last edited by TransPecos; 04-04-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have pics of what’s under the floor? Have the same camper and have a soft spot but afraid to replace the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have pictures, but it is a type of sandwich panel. A piece of styrofoam with a wood veneer glued on both sides. I had to cut it out in some places and go back with rigid foam board. On the rest of the floor that was structurally sound I just peeled off the top nasty layer of wood, leaving a thin layer, without disturbing the foam insulation.

Comment

I’m glad to see that my old camper is getting the TLC that I couldn’t find the time to do. It’s going to look great!

Comment

What ya gona do with roof ?...or was skylight only problem ? That high dollar ETERNABOND tape is great stuff..Just have surface clean and dry and install as directed...You can get it as wide as 1ft

Comment

That’s very cool. Wish I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                          What ya gona do with roof ?...or was skylight only problem ? That high dollar ETERNABOND tape is great stuff..Just have surface clean and dry and install as directed...You can get it as wide as 1ft
                          Good to hear. Just ordered a 50’ roll of 4” eternabond tape. Hope it’s enough for all the seams on my 22’ trailer.

Do y’all still cover the roof in some sort of roof protector spray or roll on material, or do y’all just use the tape on the seams/Crevices?

Comment

Please keep this going my wife has been wanting to do one but I have just been on the fence not knowing what the actual damage would be.

Comment

if you ever need any advice or help let me know.... that's what I do for a living... RV repair/Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X