Newer Style Go Karts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer Style Go Karts

Does anyone own or been around someone with the newer style go karts? They sell for 2-3k an look really cool. I'm just curious about their reliability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

What's the newer style?

Comment

My kids have a one. Its a 150cc automatic. Tops out at about 40-45. Has headlights, spot lights, brake lights. Electric start, etc.

Its got a gy6 motor in it. The aftermarket support for it is crazy. There are all kinds of mods and parts for it.

Comment

How long have yall had it? Holding up well? This is what I'm looking at.

Comment

Oh come on man, buy them an old crappy one that you have to work on all the time. That way they will start learning a little about motor repair and how a motor works.

Comment

Jus to ride around the neighborhood down on the coast

Comment

If I buy a crappy one I'll put a Honda on it!!

Comment

B

Comment

Isn't that what we have always called a Dune Buggy?

Comment

They look like dune buggeys nowadays not as powerful

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      Oh come on man, buy them an old crappy one that you have to work on all the time. That way they will start learning a little about motor repair and how a motor works.
                      and a lot about the fun words. Grandpa and I swapped a tiller motor onto mine for a little more power. Filled the gas brim full, I sat down, he pulled it twice- fired right up and went full throttle. I had a heck of a ride taking full speed corners. Grandma pulled in from church about the 4th lap as he was just staring. Very shortly after it died for no good reason, other than her prayers carrying me through once again. They still are. Give them the memories

Comment

I found a great deal on a like-new one about a month or so ago. It has been great so far and the kids love it! 150cc, electric start, reverse and lights for everything.

Comment

Newer Style Go Karts

Have the same one for my boys 175 cc it hauls, they ride it around our place no issues in 3 years, oh xcept the exhaust came loose from the head and I put some loctite on it and was good to go
                          Oh and I replaced all the yellowish halogen lights with leds, 12 inch light at on roof 2 round for headlights bought off amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a yerf dog I found in a field while hunting that I'm about to make into a summer project. I know NOTHING about go karts since diving in blindly with youtube as my partner.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon123 View Post
                              I found a great deal on a like-new one about a month or so ago. It has been great so far and the kids love it! 150cc, electric start, reverse and lights for everything.

Ours is identical to this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X