Team fishhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Pat, hope you can make it one year soon. As to the fish, I know it's short notice. But we sure appreciate what ever you can get to us. And not sure what Charlie has planned, or if he's well enough yet. If it don't work out, no sweat. You're very much appreciated for offering.
    I will call Charlie

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pat, hope you can make it one year soon. As to the fish, I know it's short notice. But we sure appreciate what ever you can get to us. And not sure what Charlie has planned, or if he's well enough yet. If it don't work out, no sweat. You're very much appreciated for offering.
      Pm sent

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fresh Fish (60-lbs total limit: let's limit it to 15lbs per member to allow several members to contribute. If we need more, we can always bring more. And please let me know how much you are contributing. Thanks! ) –

Rustled Again/TD2000 (10lbs), MntMike (10 lbs?), Keith (8-10 lbs), Texas Grown (15 lbs farm raised if needed), Snowflake Crappie-Killa (5-6 bags),

Essentials:

Canopy/pop-ups – Texas Grown (1), mmlncomp, Kieth (1),

5 gallon buckets with rope to hold canopies down (filled with water) – Texas Grown (few buckets and twine),

Fish cookers/Tatar Fryers/Hush-puppy Oil Boilers – Texas Grown (3 basket Cajun fryer with oil), Saltwaterslick (2 basket Cajun fryer), MntMike (fryer with oil and propane), mmlncomp (3 basket cajun cooker with oil and propane)

Oil by gallon to make things float to the top when done-

LP tanks, hoses, regulators, ect. - Texas Grown (two 20lb tanks for cooker),

Accessory cook-n tools and such:

Prep tables – Texas Grown (2 + lil wood table for hushpuppies),

Cutting boards and knives – Texas Grown (2 cutting boards and some knives),

Finish/serving tables – mmlncomp

Latex gloves for food handling – Team has 2 opened boxes of 300 each. Should be plenty.

Tongs, measuring cups, mixing spoons, and Ladles – Team has 3 stainless tongs and bunch of spoons and ladles from team, 5 plastic serving tongs, 3 food prep knives, and a bunch of mesuring cups/spoons

Large Mixing Bowls- 2 half gallon green mixing bowl from team for Hush Puppies

Batter tub – Team has 2 large rectangle storage container/tub for batter-n fish

Potato slicer – Texas Grown,

Thermometers - from Team (2),

Fire Extinguishers – Texas Grown (2-3),

Season-N Stuff/Tatars/Onions/and Such:

Batter/Self Rise-n Flour/Cornmeal for batter– Team has 15-lbs cornmeal, 15-lbs flour for fish and such,

Garlic Powder – Team has this covered with a quart size container, also various other spices

Salt and Pepper shakers – Team has over 4 sets of each and 1 pound of Morten salt, and one extra large qart of black pepper

Ragin Blaze – 1 can

Barnical Dust –

Potatoes – Rustled Again (20 lbs),

Condiments/sauces/dip-n stuff – Rustled Again (Red Sauce and tarter sauce), MikeB. (2 katchups, 2 mustards)

More Accessories:

Aluminum pans w/lids for cooked fish/food – Team has 10 full size big pans for Sterno racks for serving.

Racks and Sterno for aluminum pans – team has 6 racks for aluminum pans, team has plenty of Sterno

paper plates – team has plenty

Food boat trays - team has 1 case and one stack (100)

Plastic ware – team has enough for the next decade

paper towels –team has enough for next decade

Paper napkins – team has a few

Hush-puppie Fix-ns:(I will post the recipe a little later)

Cornmeal – Kho

Flour - Kho

Onion (2medium is plenty) – Kho

Baking Powder – team has plenty

Salt – team has plenty

Eggs - Kho

Creamed corn – Kho

Jalapenos, Green Chilies (optional) – Kho

Milk and/or beer for hushpuppies - Kho

If I miss anything or anyone, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Momma Berry's Hush Puppies

Makes about 20-30

Mix

1 cup Cornmeal

1 Cup Flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

¾ teaspoon salt

Add and Mix

1 egg

¾ Cup creamed corn

1/4-1/3 cup of either water, milk, or beer (optional)

½ cup diced onions

¼ cup Jalapenos (optional)

Drop into 275° oil by the heaping teaspoon and fry till golden brown.

Comment

Team, don't know if we'll make it this year! Gonna try,

We'll be frying with you in spirit if we can't.

Thanks Mike for all you do!!

Comment

I'm hoping you and your wife can make it, Ed. Two years is to long without seeing that smiling face of yours.

Comment

Mike, I have a folding white table. I'll bring it in case we do need another one...
                I talked to Pat... He and I will get hooked up on Friday and I'll get fish from him... I'll have my cooker and oil for it (will set it up for the peanut allergy folks so we can cook some stuff in vegetable oil...

Comment

Momma Berry's Hush Puppies

Makes about 20-30

Mix

1 cup Cornmeal

1 Cup Flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

¾ teaspoon salt

Add and Mix

1 egg

¾ Cup creamed corn

1/4-1/3 cup of either water, milk, or beer (optional)

½ cup diced onions

¼ cup Jalapenos (optional)

Drop into 275° oil by the heaping teaspoon and fry till golden brown.

Thanks Mike. Does the Team have measuring cups / spoons? Want about a melon baller / small scoop for forming the puppies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

John Malnar has 4 Bags of Crappie fillets. How many do you need? I have one bag.(about 40 fillets) not sure how many pounds.

Comment

Mike

Matt and I have a second 10 lbs of asst crappie and catfish

TD

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Mike, I have a folding white table. I'll bring it in case we do need another one...
                        I talked to Pat... He and I will get hooked up on Friday and I'll get fish from him... I'll have my cooker and oil for it (will set it up for the peanut allergy folks so we can cook some stuff in vegetable oil...

Sounds like excellent planning, Charlie!

Originally posted by KHo View Post
                        Thanks Mike. Does the Team have measuring cups / spoons? Want about a melon baller / small scoop for forming the puppies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir, Kevin! Still got all the measuring cups/spoons, can opener, big stir spoon, knife, those green mixing bowls, and 2 mellon scoopers of 2 different sizes (1 still has packaging on it). Also got 2 canisters of baking powder, plenty of salt and pepper, and a LOT of garlic powder.

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                        John Malnar has 4 Bags of Crappie fillets. How many do you need? I have one bag.(about 40 fillets) not sure how many pounds.

Sounds like you have yours is in a gallon bag (40) . That should equate to about 7-10lbs, roughly. We will take what ever John want's to bring. I don't wanna run anybody out of fish, either.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 03-15-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                          Mike

Matt and I have a second 10 lbs of asst crappie and catfish

TD

That should work, Tom. And make enough for the day with everybody's contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I've got about 4-5 quart bags of crappie I can bring. I'll check the list to see what else I can bring.
                            I weighed the fillets and just put them in the refrigerator to defrost. I will be bringing 10.6 pounds of crappie.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys...last minute offer... Wife & I are coming to this event after a 15 year hiatus.

What are y'all still needing that I could bring?(if'n y'all allow me to help the team ) If I got it I can bring it... or donate funds.

thanx,

David

Comment

David, I think the biggest thing is just having extra hands, so everyone gets a break now and then, till we're done cooking. Transporting food from prep tables to cookers, and from cookers to serving tables is always a big help. We usually have designated peeps for that, so we're not running into each other for safety's sake. If you have any 5-gallon buckets, we could probably use a few to help hold the pop-ups in place if it gets windy. If not, don't worry about it.

Other than that, bring a chair and a smile! Lots of great fellers and "fellets" on this team. Bunch of us GOFs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X