Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Well we showed up late tonight, snag after snag getting out of town. There's a Blackstone griddle somewhere on 1604. Figured we'd go way off to the back of one of the areas figuring we wouldn't bother anybody coming in late. Didn't see squat, kiddo saw one doe and heard a grunt or something. Looks like the wife setup on top of someone and didn't know it, saw him quietly walk by right at end of legal time. Then while leaving there's another boat picking guys up just down from where we were too. I'm stuck with my dog again so I'm sidelined, just dropping off wife and two kids to hunt this weekend. But we're here and got the fire going so that's the important part! Cheers!

Always good to be out at camp with a fire and drinking some adult beverages.

Hope the wife and kiddos get some action tomorrow morning.

Stay warm and stay thirsty..cheers

Sucks you lost that Blackstone burner, maybe you can snag a Christmas sale on one of those

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
      Always good to be out at camp with a fire and drinking some adult beverages.

Hope the wife and kiddos get some action tomorrow morning.

Stay warm and stay thirsty..cheers

Sucks you lost that Blackstone burner, maybe you can snag a Christmas sale on one of those
      I actually picked up a 22" on the Walmart deal alert a few weeks ago, the one we lost was the 17" and more portable but we'll survive. Big kid was inbound late so swung by my house and picked up our new 22" so we don't starve lol.
      No morning hunts here, we like to stay up late and sleep in. Two new areas I'm planning to drop them off tomorrow that should be fewer people. Me and the dog will be putting out some catfish noodles tomorrow, hopefully will have a cooler pic full of catfish on Sunday.

Comment

I actually picked up a 22" on the Walmart deal alert a few weeks ago, the one we lost was the 17" and more portable but we'll survive. Big kid was inbound late so swung by my house and picked up our new 22" so we don't starve lol.
        No morning hunts here, we like to stay up late and sleep in. Two new areas I'm planning to drop them off tomorrow that should be fewer people. Me and the dog will be putting out some catfish noodles tomorrow, hopefully will have a cooler pic full of catfish on Sunday.

Sounds like a plan man, hope to see you catch a cooler full of fish and hope your family will harvest some venison.

Great time to be out by the lake hunting/ fishing. Enjoy it Sir.

Comment

Do y'all ever spring turkey hunt there? I am not going to make it for this deer season and hoped to get out there and look around, get my bearings possibly while attempting to spring turkey hunt.

Comment

I've never seen or heard a turkey out here, but I've never been here in April either. I can't say I've ever heard anyone mention seeing a turkey.

Comment

Wow what a crazy trip, enjoy the quality time with the family , treasured memories for sure.

I will take camping, good food, fire and a cold coke any day with this crazy world.
              Some fried catfish would killer after hunting all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Living the dream Amigo! Sucks y’all lost the griddle, but glad you had a backup. Good luck Momma and kiddos. Big kiddos. Haha.

Comment

For sale:
                  17" Blackstone Griddle
                  Used and slight road rash but works
                  No trades, will ship on your dime
                  Make me an offer

Comment

Lol no lowballs I know what I got!

Comment

Well we showed up late tonight, snag after snag getting out of town. There's a Blackstone griddle somewhere on 1604. Figured we'd go way off to the back of one of the areas figuring we wouldn't bother anybody coming in late. Didn't see squat, kiddo saw one doe and heard a grunt or something. Looks like the wife setup on top of someone and didn't know it, saw him quietly walk by right at end of legal time. Then while leaving there's another boat picking guys up just down from where we were too. I'm stuck with my dog again so I'm sidelined, just dropping off wife and two kids to hunt this weekend. But we're here and got the fire going so that's the important part! Cheers!

Get’em! [emoji1018][emoji109]

Comment

Everybody saw deer, nothing hit the ground. Big saw what he says is a pretty nice buck. I hooked a couple small bass but they seem to always go airborne and spit the hook. I didn't end up putting out my noodles because we hunted an area I don't think we're going back to and didn't want to be tied to going back there tomorrow.

Comment

yall said there are no aoudad out there but what about mouflon sheep?

Its about a 4 hour drive from me, but i would really love to get a sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacxor View Post

I’ve seen 1 in my few trips I’ve done this year. It was in a unit where I’ve never heard of people seeing sheep so I’m not sure why it was there.

Comment

Wife got another doe tonight.

Originally posted by Hacxor View Post

There's Aoudad in 4 sometimes, not a lot lately. The Mouflon are in 5 and I hear the numbers are down but they're in there and still being seen. Area 1 has tons of domestic stink goats and sheep too. Starting to see some sign of goats in 2 as well but so far not seen any.

Comment

Wife got another doe tonight.

There's Aoudad in 4 sometimes, not a lot lately. The Mouflon are in 5 and I hear the numbers are down but they're in there and still being seen. Area 1 has tons of domestic stink goats and sheep too. Starting to see some sign of goats in 2 as well but so far not seen any.
                                Thank y’all so much! I do have a boat and I will be bringing it down. I do y’all have any preference on which campsites are best?

Comment

Working...
                                X