Lake Amistad 22-23 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Momma got that monkey off her back this afternoon.
    Congrats!

Comment

42 total, and your crew has 1/4 of them. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        42 total, and your crew has 1/4 of them. Hahaha
        43 now, and this is #9 for us, so pretty close lol. My big kid with my old Bowtech Admiral, think he's getting addicted. Frontal shot took out the aorta just above the heart. My little man isn't hunting with us this trip so I offered Big to use his crossbow, Big said some insulting things about crossbows and went out and got this one tonight.

I could have shot a doe that stopped to pee at 35 yards but she had a buck loosely following and I decided to wait. He crossed at 45 but he was walking so I didn't let it fly figuring he'd stop at the 35 yard pee spot. Doe ended up turning straight at me and got o close I was worried about getting stomped. Decided I needed to shoot her because there was no way out of this situation but as soon as I turned she made like lightning and bolted. I stepped off her tracks at 8 steps.

Wife had a doe in her spot but she passed waiting for a buck, guess doe aren't good enough for her now!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by justletmein; 12-03-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Are Sandhill cranes allowed? Its kinda vague on migratory game birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
            Are Sandhill cranes allowed? Its kinda vague on migratory game birds

Not sure on legality but can't say I've ever seen any land in the hunt areas. I hear them flying over camp pretty often though.

Comment

Wish us luck. This morning was a bummer. New place tonight.

Comment

Good luck brother! I didn't realize y'all were down here, gotta swing by camp some time. We slept in, headed home now.

We checked in that spike, turns out he's 2.5 years old so it was a good kill. They said one other deer came in from Area 1 today so total from the lake is up to 44.

Comment

Good job Buddy!

Good luck Oso.

Comment

That’s it i am cheating next, bringing sons xbow. Just lost a nice eater buck. Couldn’t get drawn back in time and he was like 5 yards away…

Comment

This afternoon going to show Jr one of the desert sections

Comment

Waiting in the fog

What model Bear is this?

Comment

That’s it i am cheating next, bringing sons xbow. Just lost a nice eater buck. Couldn’t get drawn back in time and he was like 5 yards away…[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221205/93fab0746b24088e7e2be02479eb9d3c.jpg[IMG]
                          Them things change the game no doubt. With vertical bow I always setup where I can just draw horizontally low under cover by my legs, then raise it up into position slowly. Kinda dangerous and form is obviously whack but that significantly reduced the chances of getting busted drawing.

Comment

Jr’s ****** he can’t shoot the domestic sheep, he had a bunch super close

Comment

Park needs to get rid of them sheep and goats, man the goats stink to high heavens.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                                What model Bear is this?

Legit, it said something about special edition. So far its only killed a foam target….lol

Comment

Working...
                                X