CNC router projects! who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    I seeyou are using a Laguna machine, you didnt get a Shop Sabre?
    Shop Sabre lost my business after sending me 5 emails a week for 12 weeks and they couldn't make the financing happen before year end. I was able to get my DBA and RBFCU generated funding same day. Found this Laguna on Craigslist for 60% off it looks brand new.

I have no clue on pricing something like this. Looking at plywood stenciled signs selling at $35, I would say $60+ would be good on these 3D reliefs in solid hardwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      My 1st completed piece.

1-1/8" thick solid 1 piece mesquite with 1 live edge

There were a lot of lessons learned and too many machine hours to list.

1/4" endmill roughing pass = 4.5 hours

1/4" ball endmill = 4.5 hours

1/16" tapered ball finish pass = 10 hours

That’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any special ladies out there?
        Attached Files

Comment

I finally used mine for something other than pinewood derby cars ...

I made plaques, for my 3 Arrow of Light scouts, that graduated to Boy Scouts, on Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	noah.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	24640889

Comment

Do these things take a screenshot of a picture? Is there a catalog of designs or do you create your own?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Do these things take a screenshot of a picture? Is there a catalog of designs or do you create your own?
              There are tons of files available online, you just have to understand the toolpath process. Youtube had me a pro at Vcarve within a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                There are tons of files available online, you just have to understand the toolpath process. Youtube had me a pro at Vcarve within a couple days.
                Thanks. I'll look into those. Looking for something unique for the guys in my men's bible study group.

Comment

Very cool projects. When you have the lettering or cut out parts painted, do you have to paint all of them by hand?

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                    Very cool projects. When you have the lettering or cut out parts painted, do you have to paint all of them by hand?
                    I have sprayed and done it by hand. If you mask it off it's easy to spray if not, I just do it by hand and then sand the top for engraved letters/designs.

Comment

Some recent projects

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wine caddy
                        1" thick solid Texas Mesquite
                        Dried to 6-8% moisture content
                        Attached Files

Comment

I’m looking for someone with Vcarve in Houston area that wants to complete this simple sign, I only have Cut2D Pro and would be a lot more simple with Vcarve. No painting or staining. Just machine work. I can send CRV. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Making mostly cabinets with my cnc since recently purchasing it.
                            Victoria is as close to Houston as I get though. I can do vcarving. Feed rate for that is only like 80 ipm, how long does that file take?

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                              I’m looking for someone with Vcarve in Houston area that wants to complete this simple sign, I only have Cut2D Pro and would be a lot more simple with Vcarve. No painting or staining. Just machine work. I can send CRV. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I don't have V Carve but I'm sure we can get your file converted. How big and what material?

Comment

A few things I did this week.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X