Shop lighting recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X4 on the Hyperlite UFO style.
    I have 9 and you can get a tan in my 50X50. I have them on 3 rows of 3 and on 3 switches and usually only use 6 at a time.
    I think I got them on Amazon for less than $100

Comment

UFO lights! Electrician installed 4 inside our 40x60. Not sure of the specs on these but they're bright.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've wired up a bunch of shops and the best lights I've found to eliminate shadows in corners and up high and in budget are 8' 4lt Keystone fixtures with Keystone daylight led lamps. I get them at Elliott Electric supplyhouse. Appr. $65 for each one (fixture and lamps). Most of these are ranging from 13-17' high. If ceiling is higher and not too concerned about shadows in corner and up high then the UFO are something to look at but I'm not personally a fan of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
          https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-8500L...1556499&sr=8-7

Running these in my 24 x 40 shop. Its amazing how bright they are. Lights should be cheap to buy and cheap to power.
          This is exactly what I have. I couldn’t remember the brand when I posted. A year in and no issues.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
              I am installing hyperlite LEDs(UFO lights) in the big area of my barndo. And will have a few in my workshop area. They will light things up!

Also I would go with a LED instead of a flourescent. No reason these days to change bulbs
              I just put 10 of these lights in a 40X60 pole barn and I think I could do brain surgery in there now. It is going to be awesome come time change.

Comment

I did 12 hyperlite 150w ufo's in my 55x70.

I have additional lighting in the corner where my tools snd workbenches are going. 4 of the 4' led lights on a separate circuit from my 2 main lighting circuits.

The 2 circuits that run my 12 hyperlites have outlets that the lights plug into. I oversized the wires and breakers so down the center of the shop I could mount 4 cord reels hanging from the beams.
                Last edited by Lungbustr; 09-13-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Thank y'all so much for the help! Looks like UFOs may fit the bill

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    Prime Lights Stingray. Austin based company.

Expert service for DIY shop lighting projects & help with commercial LED upgrades! Our team can guide you from start to finish. Click to get started!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Another vote for Primelights. I put the 3 bulb Bolt model in my 50' x 30' barn and the 2 bulb Bolt model in my 3 car garage for our newly built house last year. Super easy to install, free shipping and reasonably priced.

The Bolt 3 Lamp LED Shop light utilizes 3 LED lamps in a clear color to produce 9,300 LED lumens in 5000k Daylight White. Easy to install and painted white to match any commercial or residential space alike, the Bolt 3 Lamp LED shop light is great for use in garages, barns, workshops, recreational spaces, warehouses, or anywhere else where professional-grade lighting is required. Simply wire in the Bolt 3 Lamp LED light, mount it with the easy-to-use keyhole slots, and your space will be ready to relax, play, or work in.

Comment

Originally posted by FIRE59 View Post
                      Another vote for Primelights. I put the 3 bulb Bolt model in my 50' x 30' barn and the 2 bulb Bolt model in my 3 car garage for our newly built house last year. Super easy to install, free shipping and reasonably priced.

https://www.primelights.com/products...ns-pl-blt66wcl
                      I have 5 Stingays on the 16' ceiling in our shop and 4 Bolts in my archery shop that is inside our shop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                          I am installing hyperlite LEDs(UFO lights) in the big area of my barndo. And will have a few in my workshop area. They will light things up!

Also I would go with a LED instead of a flourescent. No reason these days to change bulbs

This…I have a 40x60 with 6 ufos and it’s plenty

Comment

20 8’ leds. Like daylight. No shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post

20 8’ leds. Like daylight. No shadows.

I don’t know how big your shop is but mine is 30x50 with 16’ sides and I only need (8) 2’x2’ lights to make it plenty bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X