micro diameter shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

micro diameter shafts

anybody using skinny arrows? getting hard to find good wood shafts and thinking of giving them a try.
    What brand are you using and whats your impression?

micro diameter shafts

I have some Day 6 and some Widowmaker shafts. They are both real good shafts.

I am currently shooting Easton Axis FMJ arrows. They are skinny (.204ID), but not micro diameter (.166 ID).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m shooting day 6 arrows and components. I like the heck out of them so far.

Comment

I shoot Easton 6mm shafts, which are very close to 9/32" OD. Makes for a good match to many BHs and easy to find field points, and not requiring use of a colar. That's a little big to be considered micro.

Comment

Micro diameter shafts are fine. Easy to get real good FOC since their weight per inch is low. Consider aluminum nocks instead of the plastic ones (Victory makes nice ones). For a robust hunting arrow get a shaft that has long internal inserts (Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce) or even better use an aftermarket insert from Ethics Archery.

Comment

I like the Black Eagle Instinct arrows. The outserts seem to be pretty durable but a bit difficult to install. I had one nock break after 500+ shots, so its not a huge issue but did happen.

Iron Will makes an insert with impact collar system for micro shafts if you are wanting to upgrade.

Comment

I am running Easton Axis Long Range 4mm with Ethics components. I have no plans of switching... EVER

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                I am running Easton Axis Long Range 4mm with Ethics components. I have no plans of switching... EVER
                This would be a setup I’d be looking at hard. Ethics or iron will components would be a huge add on. I started shooting micro dia in my recurve and liked them enough that I built 2 dozen for my compound. Way fast, flatter, less drift etc

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                  I'm sure I could come up with some idea to tempt you to switch. Maybe you need the Valkyrie system next season...

Comment

OP, I shoot 5mm Axis Trads or Black Eagle Renegades. I am a huge fan of the Easton brass HIT inserts, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                      I'm sure I could come up with some idea to tempt you to switch. Maybe you need the Valkyrie system next season...
                      why do you always tempt me to spend more money! Especially knowing I have a new bow on order and I'm still stashing money away to buy your black widow one day

Comment

I’ve had great luck with DaySix arrows and components. They take a beating and don’t break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks, i'll be looking at day six.

looked at valkyrie but the divorce would be too expensive

Comment

Any issues with getting full size feathers on these smaller shafts?

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The diameter of the shaft and length of the feather will determine how much helical or offset you can put on them. You'll need to adjust your fletching jig to accommodate but other than that it will work fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X