No announcement yet.

Dewalt replacement batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am heavily invested in the 18 vot system and can't tell the difference between my xrp 18 and the regular 20 volt. Dewalt tools are built well and I think they did the 20 to sell more tools. I see lots of 18 volt tools still kicking with rebuilt or no-name batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      I am heavily invested in the 18 vot system and can't tell the difference between my xrp 18 and the regular 20 volt. Dewalt tools are built well and I think they did the 20 to sell more tools. I see lots of 18 volt tools still kicking with rebuilt or no-name batteries.
      Same here, have several of the 18v tools and couldn’t imagine having to start over with new ones. I’m probably in the need for some more batteries soon. I will just buy some new Dewalt batteries and keep going. May even try the 20v conversion to see if it works good.

Comment

Has anybody ever tried this to revive "dead" batteries?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmA8ukBJU9o"]How to revive a dead rechargeable power tool battery easily - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'm intimate with the 18v line & made many of the wire harnesses & electronic sub-assemblies for their line up & other Black & Decker / Porter Cable products...got to watch them go from design to production. I even spot welded the copper stampings on the 18v Circ saw because it was more robust than going with even the most high end cable. Good tools & you should have seen their destruction tests trying to find the weak links to improve.

Most of my tools were given to me from the engineering & manufacturing sample lots before approved production because they could not be sold or s/n...also got a lot fro being a supplier & able to go to employee sales at the warehouse. Used to buy Batts for $5 because they were dated over a year.

These new 20's (regardless of brand) are way better & I started slowly loosing the biz as they were introduced because the Li batts used are more advanced & sort of an interface & almost kinda like the batt talks to the tool & knows the application as it was explained to me. Li holds their charge where nicad leaks. Just do what I did and run the 18's into the ground & replace when they get tired. The expensive 18v batts is exactly why I'm loaded with 20's, but I had this problem starting about 3-5 years ago.

Comment

I sale drills and batteries every time I need batteries. I then buy a big bundle with paying much less than battery replacements.

Comment

Dewalt replacement batteries

You’d be better off getting the conversion kit and 20V Lithium batteries. That’s the way everything is going and in as will be a thing of the past.

DEWALT 18v to 20v Adapter - Bare (DCA1820) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016K1UD0E..._AmqRDb9VWK7SC

I have both the old 18V and the 20V kits and the 20V is a much stronger kit. And battery life is 3-4 times better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Has anybody ever tried this to revive "dead" batteries?

How to revive a dead rechargeable power tool battery easily - YouTube
                Numerous times. It helps to get them out of the dead state to were you will be able to charge them. But they don’t last long and will quickly enter the dead state again. Didn’t work out every time I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  You’d be better off getting the conversion kit and 20V Lithium batteries. That’s the way everything is going and in as will be a thing of the past.

DEWALT 18v to 20v Adapter - Bare (DCA1820) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016K1UD0E..._AmqRDb9VWK7SC

I have both the old 18V and the 20V kits and the 20V is a much stronger kit. And battery life is 3-4 times better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                  I reckon that would be the route I would want to go if I used the tools all the time, however I am just a lowly weekend warrior/ hobbyists And was hoping for a cheaper fix

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                    Numerous times. It helps to get them out of the dead state to were you will be able to charge them. But they don’t last long and will quickly enter the dead state again. Didn’t work out every time I tried it.
                    Thanks for the info. I have a couple of "dead" ones and need to try it.

Comment

Batteries plus will rebuild them for about $30 or $35. They have a bunch of AA size batteries in them.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                        Batteries plus will rebuild them for about $30 or $35. They have a bunch of AA size batteries in them.
                        Heard the same thing?

Comment

Ok 1 whole year later, I got off my rear and bought some reconditioned 18v off amazon
                          I guess I will try to track down a battery + to repair
                          Well that didn’t work 66.99 for a rayovac replacement
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-07-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Check out Vanon batteries on-line

Comment

Working...
                            X