• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewalt replacement batteries

Both my 18v dewalt batteries have bitten the dust . part # dc 9098
    I found some replacements on amazon, But ( Big but ) the reviews are mixed
    Some say total junk others say fantastic
    Anyone have any opinions about buying the replacements over the oem

I bought some knock-offs of of eBay. I had great luck out of them.

Comment

Do you own a 20v Tool?? I've replaced 90% with the 20v line & recommend going that way...having said that, I still have a couple 18v's I like & bought an adapter to use with my 20v Batts.

The 18's were great but these 20v Li Batts / tools are superior. I have about 2 or 3 original 18'v's batts still kicking. Does Dewalt not offer them in the big box stores any longer?? I never purchased an aftermarket.

Comment

Be sure and get the 18xrp's. The are much better than the standard 18's.

Comment

Most the time a new tool with batteries are cheaper then a battery.

Comment

I am in need of some as well, mine died on me at the deer lease last hitch.

Comment

I bought some off Amazon for my dewalt and roybi and I haven't had any issues with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                The tool is practically brand new, just not used very much so the batteries need 1 a rebuild or 2 to be replaced

Comment

I’ve had good luck with the replacements.
                  I think I paid 24 dollars a piece for them a year ago and they are still going strong.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, have more than a dozen 18v DeWalt tools and about 15 dead batteries and the couple I have that are good aren't very good anymore. Home Depot now wants 129.00 for 2 batteries....is it time to switch to all 20v tools??? Not sure.

Comment

Just buy Milwaukee and be done with it

Comment

Whatever you do go lithium. Charge faster, more life, and won’t discharge just sitting in your truck. I can’t remember where I bought mine but it came with a charger.

Comment

I think you can get your old batteries rebuilt at Interstate battery. Not sure what the cost is like though.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            I'm in the same boat, have more than a dozen 18v DeWalt tools and about 15 dead batteries and the couple I have that are good aren't very good anymore. Home Depot now wants 129.00 for 2 batteries....is it time to switch to all 20v tools??? Not sure.
                            Do it...you will be SO much happier. The 20v's are lighter stronger superior in every way. Easy decision.

The reason the 18v are so expensive is because volume is dropping as everyone is going lithium ion & leaving nicad.

Buying the kits of tools you need is the best way to go, but if you want to piece meal it...buy the 20v tool you need most & use 18/20 the adaptor to run your 18's till you want to upgrade.
                            Last edited by Artos; 10-20-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              This. I bought replacement batteries and they didn't last. I woulda been money ahead had I bought my new Rigid cordless set then!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X