No announcement yet.

iPhone scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg3XPICiiE4"]iPhone 11 Clone Unboxing! - YouTube[/ame]

link to iPhone 11 clone unboxing.

Dang! He probably bought something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswildlifeta View Post
      Or should I get a friend to set up a meeting and me be hiding in the backseat with a pistol I know a cop can’t make them give my money back but maybe they can be put in jail
      Bad idea. Use a shotgun.

Comment

Your screwed.

Comment

fake phone? ouch
          thought you said you made a call with it
          Last edited by trjones87; 10-17-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I learned the used electronics lesson years ago. I never buy used electronics now, not even factory refurbished.

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
              fake phone? ouch
              thought you said you made a call with it
              They'll still call and such. There are some pretty good articles regarding them.

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

What's crummy is that you can't even really sell it for parts because its not even an apple phone. It's basically a pieced together bootleg android with a custom ios installation. Sorry man. This sucks.

This is my buying a used iphone checklist:
                1. IMEI and call check: Always meet at AT&T store (my phone carrier). The store employees are glad to check the IMEI number to make sure it's not blacklisted. And make an outgoing phone call and incoming call to the phone WITH YOUR own sim card.
                ****VERY important to make sure it's either an unlocked phone or able to be used with your carrier. You'd be surprised how many people have been duped into buying a phone that they worked in every way but checking to make sure their carrier sim card could use the phone and it was locked with another carrier. ****
                2. Water Damage Check: Then I check the water mark sticker inside the sim slot to check for water damage. It's white if there is no damage, and almost a neon pink if there is water damage.
                3. Physical and operational check: If it's a newer iPhone, make sure the haptics work properly and respond properly to touch, make sure the front and rear facing cameras focus and operate properly, I also check for dead pixels in case the screen was recently replaced with a non-apple screen.
                4. iCloud check: Then check iCloud status to see if it's locked by asking the seller to log out of their account.
                5. Once it's good to go, do a full on reset on the phone and exchange the cash or whatever you're exchanging.

I might be missing some things that other people look for, but I've been lucky so far and this list has always worked for me. If ANY of the steps fail or don't pass satisfactory, then I stop the checklist and walk away. There's always another iPhone for sale.

Comment

I really hope the catch the low life ******* that is doing this.

Comment

I had no idea these things existed till this thread.

Comment

can u just not use icloud? I don't activate Iclould on mine and it works fine. I back it up every once in a while to iTunes on my computer. I can DL apps in App store just fine. I don't like storing my info on a cloud somewhere...lol

Comment

i think we need to call big red to go pay him a visit....

Comment

If it is counterfeit

It cant connect to iCloud

It's a fake

Email enforcement@apple.com to report a fake iPhone

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you can probably go ahead and forget about the police doing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              i think we need to call big red to go pay him a visit....
                              LOL yep

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Your second idea sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

As far as the cops, what did he do that’s illegal? Sure he misrepresented a product but as always buyer beware.

What model did you think you were buying (regular or Pro model)? I hope you didn’t pay $800 for a non pro model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                He committed theft by stealing $800.

Comment

Working...
                                X