No announcement yet.

iPhone scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man sorry to hear that. It's tempting for you to set him up yourself and hold him at gun point but probably not a good idea. A lot can go wrong, if you end up shooting him, were you in fear for you life, being that he was set up? Not worth the trouble if it goes sideways. Probably a little hard to get a patrol officer to come and do the set up for you. that kind of thing takes time and he can't be pulled out of service for that long, especially in a big busy city.

If you can help it, I would stay away from buying electronics or commonly stolen items from places like facebook, craigslist, etc...all you're really doing is perpetuating a cycle of providing a place for criminals to sell stolen good. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. I'm assuming you bought the iPhone 11 Pro, bc the iPhone 11 is $699 straight from apple. Good luck with your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Your second idea sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

As far as the cops, what did he do that’s illegal? Sure he misrepresented a product but as always buyer beware.

What model did you think you were buying (regular or Pro model)? I hope you didn’t pay $800 for a non pro model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Yea i was kinda thinking civil issue.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswildlifeta View Post

Clone phones are illegal in the us so selling fake phones is illegal

Hmmmm wasn’t aware.

Comment

Dam....you paid $800 for a used phone?????

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            The phone new from apple is like $1499

Comment

iPhone scammed

The phone new from apple is like $1499

Again, what model and storage size?

And if it is $1499 new, why wouldn’t an $800 price throw up red flags everywhere?

Comment

If it's a fake phone then contact Apple with his info, they will handle it. They might also like the phone and give you something for your trouble.

Comment

Cellular fraud is defined as the unauthorized use, tampering or manipulation of a cellular phone or service.

Cloning is illegal according to FCC.

Comment

Why not post the perps info and his latest phone for sale?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                      Why not post the perps info and his latest phone for sale?

please excuse brevity and dictation errors
                      Yup....find out who he is.....let everyone know what a POS he is. He's prolly on LinkedIn too

Comment

Man with all the people on tbh that said what they’d like to a thief over the years, this is a perfect opportunity to round up a posse and get that sucker! Just kidding, I hate that for you bud.

Comment

He paid $800 for a counterfeit phone.

Comment

Yup....find out who he is.....let everyone know what a POS he is. He's prolly on LinkedIn too

Just a guess here, but I don’t think too many thieves are using LinkedIn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So.... found out the iPhone is fake! And also found out they they have another one for sale... if I were to call the police what’s the likelihood a cop would show up and bust this sucker? Or should I get a friend to set up a meeting and me be hiding in the backseat with a pistol I know a cop can’t make them give my money back but maybe they can be put in jail
                              Yeah man just go ahead and scrap that second idea. That's gonna cost you a LOT more than $800

Comment

[QUOTE=Bullseye07;14440022]Just a guess here, but I don’t think too many thieves are using LinkedIn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You'd be surprised.....but guess we'll never know who this pos is......

Comment

Working...
                                X