This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    I will be in the horseshoe when yall come to town on Nov 23rd...

Looking forward to it
    I’m hoping Penn State at least keeps it close like the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
      We will be at the ranch. Lows will be in the low 60’s so we at least have that![emoji106]
      Low 60’s is what Bama will score

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
        I'll take some of that action

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
          I am in for a C note....

Bama will win, but less than 38 pts

Comment

What are thoughts on the new California law paying athletes for their likeness or allowing them to market themselves?

It would be good to have a big t-shirt fan base!

Free agency and paying college athletes is a game changer for college recruiting. Some say no but I think it only makes sense that a kid will go play where he can take advantage of the new law.

And then...there is the bag man! Just a different method of payola!

Comment

Have good season? Awesome! Hit the portal and let the bidding begin. Nike, Adidas, Under-armor. This will ruin the sport. I already tuned out NCAA basketball for similar reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                What are thoughts on the new California law paying athletes for their likeness or allowing them to market themselves?

Free agency and paying college athletes is a game changer for college recruiting. Some say no but I think it only makes sense that a kid will go play where he can take advantage of the new law.

I don't have a problem being compensated for their likeness. Their chances of making it in the NFL are slim. What sucks is they'd already have an agent in their ear while playing CFB and it will increase the distractions around the stars.

The stipend got this whole thing started. NC, Florida and a few other have now formed bills to do the same.

As you mentioned, the bag men and hundred dollar handshakes are nothing new to the game. Which would still be an issue that goes under the table.

This will lead to endorsement deals that make "some" kids a ton of money. At some point, the fairness argument will come into play.

One School in particular that you'd think would have a huge leg up once the dust settles would be the Nike Ducks...

Sucks!
                Last edited by Chad C; 10-01-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

If it becomes an NCAA wide thing, small schools will have no chance(very little chance as it is). I think if this actually survives the court system, schools will shy away from playing California schools. Can you imagine Washington, who by all accounts seems to be doing things the right way with a good coach having to compete against a USC team led by Urban Meyer who gets to essentially pay his players legally? Yea that sounds fair lol. PAC will be dismantled IMO. They are AMATEUR athletes.......

Comment

Lawsuits galore!

Make them all ineigable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet 20-40% of FBS/FCS schools loose their programs because of it.
                      Paying players plus the transfer portal is going to be insane...

Plus how in the world to do regulate it? Certain star players get paid X amount? Flat rate? It'll get exploited so fast.

Then imagine when Woman's sports like basketball or soccer starts demanding to be paid equally...? Lolz

Comment

Horns 31, WV 17

Hook 'em Horns

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 6

Lawsuits galore!

Make them all ineligible, every player in the state is now ineligible...lawsuits start and get bogged down in courts for years, kids quit picking Cali school, forcing them to change the law back.

Cali is such a cesspool of idiots.

Comment

One hell of a can of worms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All of these bills passing dont matter. It's not illegal to pay payers now but it is against the NCAA's rules so no matter how many states pass bills to do this it will still be against NCAA rules. Those schools are welcome to leave the NCAA and pay players all they want but good luck with getting recruits there if the can't compete for titles.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                                All of these bills passing dont matter. It's not illegal to pay payers now but it is against the NCAA's rules so no matter how many states pass bills to do this it will still be against NCAA rules. Those schools are welcome to leave the NCAA and pay players all they want but good luck with getting recruits there if the can't compete for titles.
                                That's where the lawsuits will come from, between athletes and the NCAA, and between Schools and the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X