No announcement yet.

Missed the deer of a lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the same many years ago from a too high stand.
    Lowered my bow arm !

Good it was a miss. Get him next hunt!

Comment

Keep after him, he may give you a rematch.

Comment

Feel your pain,know your frustration amigo,get out to your blind asap.The three biggest bucks in my neighborhood were chasing today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

When the target is close and directly under your tree at a severe angle, abandon your bowsight and peep sight altogether and just aim by looking directly down the arrow, gunbarrel-style, like you shoot a shotgun.

Comment

I feel your pain. I think we all have done it.

Comment

You very rarely hear anyone say they missed low. I’ve learned over the years, aim low. Hang in there, hope you get another shot.

Comment

Done the same, bottom cam hit my knee because the buck surprised me and couldn't stand. Only thing that made it worse was I had to feel my pain for about a week lol. Be happy for the opportunity!

Comment

I feel your pain. Missed a monster bull elk 4 years ago on a layup shot and it haunts me to this day. get back after him and post pics on here as soon as you get him on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                    Done the same, bottom cam hit my knee because the buck surprised me and couldn't stand. Only thing that made it worse was I had to feel my pain for about a week lol. Be happy for the opportunity!

This hurts, I did it once too. Didn’t know what happened until the pain started to register.

Comment

Is the public land named after a former President?

If so, there have been a few nice ones killed out there recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        That's why we do it. I'm hard headed I still do it. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        You have to bend at the waist with a rifle too?

Comment

I missed a high 180’/low 190’s typical 12 in Kansas out of a ground blind size had me fooled and thought he was closer than he was. Came in late. Shot right under him. 13 yrs later and still that deer haunts me

Comment

I hit high on a very nice P&Y color phase black bear and a 190inch mule deer. Both were non lethal hits. Keep shooting, and keep after it. Learn from your failures, I am still trying to learn from those bad shots. Based on my own experience I think James gave some good advice. You can still get that buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                              Bend at the waste sir..if not you will shoot high.
                              Or aim for the white of the chest.

Comment

I hate to say misery loves company. I cherish the chance just to get into the woods so I'm blessed, but dang it if I don't flush it down the toilet.

Hard lesson learned today boys, maybe someone will read this and think, I need to bend at the waist...

JR
                                Last edited by Crookhunter; 11-16-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X