No announcement yet.

2022 Handgun Hunting Theead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has me thinking that I NEED a hunting handgun!

Comment

Good work Randy!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Where do you aim at a turkey at with a pistol? Center of chest? How bad is meat damaged?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
          This has me thinking that I NEED a hunting handgun!
          Everyone NEEDS a hunting handgun!

Comment

Congratulations, nice shooting and great pics.

Comment

60 yards or so, on the run. I never thought I would enjoy handgun hunting quite this much.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                Awesome!!!

Where do you aim at a turkey at with a pistol? Center of chest? How bad is meat damaged?
                The wing butts, or where the wings join the body, if the turkey is broadside. If it’s facing you, where the neck joins the body.

Comment

Good shot 88 !

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    60 yards or so, on the run. I never thought I would enjoy handgun hunting quite this much.
                    Outstanding! Congrats. And I agree...handgun hunting is highly addictive.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a great hunting handgun, I have one for sale in the classifieds. Here is a link...

Comment

Congratulations 88, nice shooting, also great pics.

Comment

Nice 88!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I just returned from Wyoming from chasing cow elk with another handgun hunter. We had a great time but did not come back with full ice chests.

I did, however, get extremely close this year. On our last day of hunting, I heard a bugling bull no more than 200 yards away, about 15 minutes after leaving camp. Taking advice from an experienced elk hunting friend, I headed straight for the noise. I was closing the distance when I saw movement coming down off a ridge, headed for the same trail I was on. Pulled up my binoculars and verified it was several cow elk between me and where the bugling was coming from. At this point I was about 75 yards from them, so I eased up a little closer to about 50 yards behind a tree. Wind was calm, or so I think it was. The cows kept coming and if all went right, were going to step out on my trail right at about 50 yards. Ear protection in, 454 out, hammer cocked, ready for an off-hand shot. They got to within ten yards of the trail, but still very covered by the dense forest, and then abruptly stopped. I don’t know if they saw me, smelled me, or something else but they stood there on full alert for about 3 seconds before bolting at about Mach 5. So… no shot was taken but still very exciting.

I was using my FA 83/454.

A few pics from the week attached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It stings to be that close and not get it done but, cliched or not, that’s why it’s called hunting. Bet you had a good time though !

Comment

I bet that was an adrenaline rush like no other!

Comment

Working...
                                X