2022 Handgun Hunting Theead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well let’s keep this going for another year.

Going to move a few pics from the 2021 thread since they were technically in 2022.

Pics to follow…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@PantherCity got a couple does down in January with his 44 mag.

Comment

88 Bound also killed a doe in January.

Comment

I killed this turkey on my last sit in early January.

And then took these tree rats this morning at 46 yards each. We have a real problem with them at our lease. Crazy how destructive they can be.

Comment

Congratulations, nice shooting, thanks for starting a new thread Randy.

Comment

I’m gonna try my best to get on the scoreboard this year. The kung flu kicked my butt all of last year and I didn’t hunt very much but I’m feeling better now. I just picked up a Ruger Single Six Hunter to match my .44 Hunter. I can get some low cost practice in basically the same handgun and I’ll need it after being out of the handgun hunting game for a bunch of years.
            Attached Files

Comment

Good gravy Drycreek....let me know if you ever want to part ways with that beauty!

Thanks for starting over Randy. Ready to grow the streak this year.

Comment

That’s a beautiful little Rimfire Creek!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                  Good gravy Drycreek....let me know if you ever want to part ways with that beauty!

Thanks for starting over Randy. Ready to grow the streak this year.
                  Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  That’s a beautiful little Rimfire Creek!
                  Thanks guys, they are scarce as hen’s teeth ! I got this one worth the money (considering what they’re selling for)

Comment

I have a Dan Wesson Revolver 10 inch heavy barrel with vent rib and Ruger Blackhawk both 41 mag. Need recommendations for red dot scope and mounts on one. Thinking the Dan Wesson might offer easier mounting options. No magnification with shots out to 50 yards at most so dot size or MOA recommendation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout67 View Post
                      I have a Dan Wesson Revolver 10 inch heavy barrel with vent rib and Ruger Blackhawk both 41 mag. Need recommendations for red dot scope and mounts on one. Thinking the Dan Wesson might offer easier mounting options. No magnification with shots out to 50 yards at most so dot size or MOA recommendation as well.
                      First, pick the actual RDS you are going to use. Tubular or reflex style is your first decision. If tubular, you just can’t beat Ultradots. They are indestructible. I own several and they work great.

How, my favorite is actually a reflex style simple because of the minuscule footprint. They are tiny and weigh almost nothing. Breaking that down further, my favorite reflex rds is the trijicon rmr. I like it because you can get it in a 1moa dot size. Two downsides to this model…you have to remove the sight from the gun in order to change the battery, and, they are expensive.

The other that I like in reflex style is the vortex venom. They work great as well, are less money, and the battery compartment is on top so no removal necessary. The only slight downside is that the smallest dot offered is a 3moa but that really isn’t too big of a deal at handgun distances.

After you decide on the above, then start your search for a mounting system. I’d start with Jack Weigand. https://www.jackweigand.com/ He offers a lot and most likely you can find something that will work from him. EGW is another place that offers rds mounts.

Good luck and post a pic when done!

Comment

Great feedback, thanks so much. Will post pics once I get it set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout67 View Post
                          Great feedback, thanks so much. Will post pics once I get it set up.
                          Please do, we love to look at hunting handguns !

Comment

Outstanding morning! After sitting in one of my blinds early this morning and seeing nothing, I got out and went for a hike. Saw 3 gobblers about 300 yards out from me and began my stalk. Light rain and steady winds helped me get to about 25 yards of them before knocking this one down with one shot from my FA 97/41 magnum.

Comment

Good job Randy !

Comment

Working...
                              X