Another Hill Country WT - WTH? Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hill Country WT - WTH? Part II

I got a lot of great ideas/thoughts on what happened in part 1. Let’s see if y’all can give me some thoughts on what happened with this deer, here in Part 2.

Broadhead was Gravedigger Hybrid, is your only clue other than the video.

I think these are great learning ops. Mainly for myself of course. I’m still learning.

I’ll tell you what I know happened around post 30.

Aaaaannnnnnd go...!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKIIe-bxn8Q"]010121MasonDoe - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One more clue please.

What kind of blood did you find?

Comment

Arrow hit something in blind is why you hit high.

Comment

ttt

Comment

waiting for post 30

Comment

watched it 3 times on full screen. Arrow passed all the way through and hit the hog trap(?) behind her. I say a little too far back?

Comment

Doe is quartering to you a little, but the near side leg is back. Shot is further back that it appears in relation to the shoulder.

Or like mentioned something was hit in the blind or limbs hit something on shot.
              Last edited by Pony1971; 01-08-2021, 12:36 PM. Reason: Near side leg.

Comment

In to learn at post 30.

Comment

Post#30 deer is dead.......

Comment

I’m going to say Liver/gut shot, she bled but not much and ran to water where you found her.

Comment

Come on post 30

Comment

Looks high, a few inches too far back, bordering guts, maybe femoral artery hit, bleeds out internally leaving very little blood on the ground.

Comment

Post 30 Bump

Comment

my eyes are good but no that good. not sure what happened other than hitting high. waiting to post 30

Comment

Although you were aiming for a Texas heart shot on the doe to the right, fatigue overcame
                              your left arm. As you were about to let down, you trigger finger cramped, sending your
                              arrow to the left. Your arrow entered, then exited the bloated belly of another doe, who
                              upon feeling the sting of your broadhead, ventured post haste, in a beeline, to a water
                              source nearly 250 yards away. She has not been found.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X