Easement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easement question

Can someone explain this to me?? Long story short guy beside me bought property & put up a gate. Which means I can no longer access the back of my property when I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you access it through the rest of your property, such as is it attached?

Comment

If it is an established easement he cannot lock you off of it.

Comment

Is the easement recorded on your deed? If so sent him a copy then he will have to grant access.
        I would show him first then call the sheriff, he will explain your legal access.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
          Can you access it through the rest of your property, such as is it attached?

I can with my 4 wheeler or golf cart. But I can’t get a truck & trailer to back of my property.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Is the easement recorded on your deed? If so sent him a copy then he will have to grant access.
            I would show him first then call the sheriff, he will explain your legal access.

The picture is the paper I have when we closed on the property.

Comment

I think that's a rural utilities right-of way easement, typically for water line access.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                  I think that's a rural utilities right-of way easement, typically for water line access.

I think you're correct

Comment

Did you have a lawyer review the paperwork before you closed on the property? I’d ask him.

Comment

im curious to the answer, I don't have a good understanding of easements. I thought they were mostly for landlocked property, but u said u can access yours with out the easement? I think that is what u said

Comment

There are many many different kinds of easments, and most are not for landlocked property, but that is one most heard about due to people buying land and access being an issue. That stuff gets real tricky if there isn't an established easement for access.

Comment

Definitely no land attorney but doesn't sound to me as much of a case.......I would be looking at my deed and closing documents

Comment

You should be looking for an easement that gives you rights of ingress and egress....that is Your ability to access land. The easement listed was for another purpose.

You may just have to talk to the neighbor about using a lock along with his lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                              The picture is the paper I have when we closed on the property.

How long have you had the property, and what was your understanding when you bought it about your ability to only access that part by going through your neighbor’s land? Did you think/know that you had a dedicated easement?

How much land is it that is not accessible by truck?

Comment

Working...
                              X