No announcement yet.

Trailer Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Maxxis 8008's on my boat trailers.

Comment

I have the made in the USA Goodyear Endurance tires on three trailers and have had zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
        I have the made in the USA Goodyear Endurance tires on three trailers and have had zero issues.

Same here on 4 trailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep I went Endurance tires for my boat trailer. So far so good.

Comment

I just had a Carlisle tire come apart on me, had big chunks missing. I caught it just before leaving the lease. I took the tire to discount and they replaced it with a Goodyear trailer tire. I used to think you could put any car tire on a trailer but found out the hard way not to do it.

Comment

I get the goodyear trailer tires. They have extra plies and I want to make sure they don't pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I can't wrap my head around his explanation. What difference would a single axle or tandem axle make on the way tires roll?

Im with you

Comment

I've tried to replace my single axle trailer tires at WalMart, NTB and Pep Boys and they will only put trailer tires on a trailer tire. You want designated trailer tires on a trailer.

Comment

Carlisle and GoodYear are the two worst tire manufacturers that there are. Period. Neither can make tire that doesn't separate, or is actually round.

Hankook, Greenball, Maxxis all make decent trailer tires.

I like radials. They're all I will buy anymore.

Also - and this is the biggie - get them balanced!

There are a lot of knotheads out there that say "they're just trailer tires, it don't matter" Yes it does! They're spinning at highway speeds. Why would you want something out of balance back there? Poor trailer handling, extra stress on the tires, extra stress on the bearings, etc.

Pay up, get them balanced.

Keep your air pressure where it belongs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I can't wrap my head around his explanation. What difference would a single axle or tandem axle make on the way tires roll?
                      I am with you on this. I found this via a google search. It is interesting, #2

Towing a camper, a boat or a cargo trailer? Whatever’s attached to your hitch needs the same attention your vehicle gets. Here’s a quick FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X