• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s go time!

Comment

Outside

Target

He is the deer I saw first evening here on the route. Last day I’ll be able to hunt this spot. I’ll be in tripod all day tomorrow with the se wind

Comment

Hoping you see him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At this point I hope I see something....

Comment

Two doe passed by, the wind has shutdown. It's too quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Outside

Target

He is the deer I saw first evening here on the route. Last day I’ll be able to hunt this spot. I’ll be in tripod all day tomorrow with the se wind
              Great setup!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, answer me a question. With all that new chopped stuff, set up in a place the deer frequent, they see something new, wouldn't that spook them. The deer on that place seem pretty skittish.

Answer when you can.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Ok, answer me a question. With all that new chopped stuff, set up in a place the deer frequent, they see something new, wouldn't that spook them. The deer on that place seem pretty skittish.

Answer when you can.
                  Absolutely they will....smartest deer you’ll ever hunt. You have to be very good at building your blind, make it look as natural as possible. No exposed cut limb ends, they’ll avoid like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                    Absolutely they will....smartest deer you’ll ever hunt. You have to be very good at building your blind, make it look as natural as possible. No exposed cut limb ends, they’ll avoid like the plague.
                    I would have no idea how to attack this situation. I see guys building pit blinds, that's a lot of sweat equity that deposits a lot of stink. You fellers that can take a deer out there, yall have my utmost respect.

Comment

Saw a small buck and another body. It was a buck because it fought with the 1st small buck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

All the talk about how tough a hunt it is has me intrigued. Think I may book a hunt here next year. For the price, you really can’t beat it. When is time to go in y'all's opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Yep, I try to find a natural blind to start with. Something that has a good start but needs to filled in. Try not to make a “new bush” by piling lots of cut brush. If someone puts a new couch in your living room you would prob notice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            All the talk about how tough a hunt it is has me intrigued. Think I may book a hunt here next year. For the price, you really can’t beat it. When is time to go in y'all's opinion?
                            Best time is of course December but it’s usually pretty full. I like the last couple weeks of January because I’m usually pretty well done with the regular season and it’s usually brown down south and the bucks are post rut and usually hitting feed again. Jmo
                            I’ll holler at you next yr, my dates are usually hit or miss but I try for thejamtimeframe if I go.

Comment

I had an 8 come in, nothing special but legal shooter, aged him a little too long and soon as I drew he turned quartered to me and never presented another shot. You snooze you loose!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                I had an 8 come in, nothing special but legal shooter, aged him a little too long and soon as I drew he turned quartered to me and never presented another shot. You snooze you loose!

Dang. Maybe he’ll come back.

Good luck today to the both of ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X