Perfect cup of coffee confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    So for those of us that don’t have any other stores in town besides Walmart, what is a decent coffee that they have on the shelf?
    Community Medium Roast.

Comment

Originally posted by romad01 View Post
      Death Wish Coffee through an AeroPress.
      I had some of that recently.

Comment

I use the keurig out of ease and I am OK with it.
        Start the day every day with a 20oz RTIC filled with BRCC CAF with a splash of 1/2&1/2.
        The Black Rifle coffee is on par with the better coffees at HEB and elsewhere and it is all Veteran owned and operated. Really good stuff. You want good to taste good coffee? You have to start with good coffee. CAF is some kick azz coffee.
        Black Rifle Coffee Company is a SOF veteran-owned coffee company, serving premium coffee and culture to people who love America.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          So for those of us that don’t have any other stores in town besides Walmart, what is a decent coffee that they have on the shelf?
          Folgers. Hot, black and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            Only thing Starbucks is good for is using their used coffee grounds in my compost pile. Thank goodness ALOT of people drink overpriced coffee.
            I've thought of this for my blueberry garden
            How do you get it from them?
            Is it just in 50gal trash bags?
            Does it have a bunch of other waste in there as well?

And about how much do you get each time you ask them for it?

Comment

Whatever puts a smile on your face when you take the first sip in the morning. Variety is the spice of life. Y'all have a great day!

Comment

coffee

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Ok I hate my wife’s coffee “”taste like patty water””
                She hates mine “”taste like mud “”
                So I am trying to follow the instructions
                Mr coffee says put water to the 12 line to make 10 cups of coffee
                Folgers says 1 tablespoonful of coffee per 6oz cup
                HEB says 2 tablespoons per cup or one package per pot ( it has 9 tablespoons in the package)
                Internet says 3/4 cup of coffee per pot of water

After getting totally confused reading all that for a mr coffee machine
                I figured I would consult the GS

All I want is a good cup of coffee in the morning with no complaints from the wife
                Maybe its the water try some diff Bottled water or filter yours..Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                  4 heaping teaspoons of Folgers classic roast per 12 cups of water. Perfect every time.
                  4 heaping teaspoons of Folgers 100% Colombian per 12 cups of water. Perfect every time.

Comment

1 heaping Tablespoon per 2 cup line on the carafe. (10 cups of coffee = 5 heaping Tablespoons). I prefer Community dark roast. I'll also drink Folgers 100% Colombian or Dark Silk. Yes, I like strong coffee lol.

My grandfather started me on drinking strong coffee. He made coffee in a drip-o-lator. He'd put enough grounds for an entire pot of coffee. He'd pour in just enough hot water for one cup of coffee. Once that dripped, he'd pour his cup then add the remaining water to the grounds for the rest of the family to have coffee. Coonazz Espresso lol.

I'd sit on the front porch steps with him. He'd pour a little coffee into his saucer to cool it off and slurp it from the saucer. He'd give me a little sip and say "don't tell your mamaw"
                    Last edited by Tubby; 12-30-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                      4 heaping teaspoons of Folgers classic roast per 12 cups of water. Perfect every time.
                      We call that ditch water round here. Fill coffee filter almost to the top with community dark roast and let er rip.

Comment

There is no "perfect" cup of coffee for everyone, it's just not going to happen. Drink what you like.
                        I am not coffee snob and will try and drink any and all coffee.
                        Hot or cold, brewed by Kurig, camp fire, instant, percolator, Mr. Coffee or french pressed along with a little half and half and I am good.

Comment

Made HEB cafe taste of San Antonio per instruction
                          It was ok not bitter, taste of cinnamon,chocolate

Needed to put some half and half and sugar in to get it right

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            4 heaping teaspoons of Folgers 100% Colombian per 12 cups of water. Perfect every time.
                            I don't think a 4 teaspoons will do it. Maybe 12.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be able to speak on this. Little brother is in the coffee business.

First thing is buy really good quality freshly roasted beans. ( tiny house roasters)

Grind your beans fresh as you use them.

Use good clean water.

if you are using the regular drip coffee maker use 2 filters so it drips slower.

1tbs per cup of coffee is the rule of thumb for a good robust cup of coffee.

You can adjust back from there.

Comment

Maybe the wife just doesn't like coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X