No announcement yet.

Perfect cup of coffee confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m usually the only one that drinks it at home so I throw a Starbucks Kcup in the Keurig and go. At work we usually put double the scoops we should. If you can see through the pot of coffee it ain’t strong enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Care to briefly rundown the process of making it? I just picked up a French press. Coffee to water ratio? How long go let it sit before pressing? Etc.....

So the way do it is i grind one scoop of Black Rifle or Peet’s coffee beans and put it in the press. I like mine ground pretty fine. I get my hot water from the Keurig. Usually just for myself I’ll hit the big cup button twice on it. Puts just enough water in the press to make me a big cup. I let it sit 3 minutes typically unless I want it really strong. Press and pour. [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have drank alot of folgers colle but my favorite is Community coffee, house roast I believe its called.
        Tyler

Comment

Invader Coffee is a veteran owned shop in Austin that makes a excellent variety of blends

Invade your taste buds with our Coffee Bags collection! Choose from whole bean or ground coffee, from a veteran-owned company committed to air-roasting gourmet-grade, low acid coffee. Sourced from fair trade farms, each sip supports our veteran community. Experience the best coffee money can buy today!

Comment

It ain't that complicated. 12 cup maker, fill with water, fill basket 1/2 - almost full of grounds and brew it. If you can see through it it's too weak, add more grounds. Ya can't make it too strong.

Comment

We do a full pot of water 12 cups and 6 big tablespoons of Folgers or what ever coffee we have comes out perfect for us. We like it no so strong it’s bitter but not tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                3 for me too.
                How did Folgers ever get so big if it sucks so bad?
                Marketing ?
                It tastes good and not everyone is a coffee snob?

I like Community between roast but Folger’s is okay. I used to drink a lot of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee (made by same company as Folger’s) when we had them locally. For a couple of years I roasted my own from various beans from around the world. I use Cafe du Monde when making Vietnamese cafe sua da.

But...

Folger’s isn’t number one in the USA because of marketing.

Comment

I’ll preface by saying I’m a coffee nerd and love the process, technique, challenge and reward of precise coffee brewing, which may sound weird but this is also a bow hunting forum 😅. If you like it muddy and dark, French press is the way to go. Technically light roast drip coffee has far more caffeine (stronger even than most espresso) but lacks the burnt flavor most people wrongly associate with strong coffee which is probably what your wife is talking about. Coffee companies burn their coffee because it creates consistency and it’s more difficult to roast coffee in mass from so many different farms and farmers to quality profiles. Therefore it’s burned and served in mass and hey it gets the job done. Many large roasting houses see a value in a “light” roast and offer a variety too. You could French press light roasted coffee and be at a happy middle ground of dark, muddy, unburnt coffee. By the way, flavor in coffee is highly effected by freshness of the bean and grind. Better flavor is had by brewing coffee within 5 mins of the grind and within 2 weeks of its roasting. There’s tons of local companies, some with great causes behind them that provide whole bean coffee that are worth your dollar. They don’t tell you what the “roast” is as it is almost always specific to the bean but it’s usually something you would consider a medium to medium light roast.

Comment

Make it like it tastes good to you and have her add water to her cup.

Comment

Originally posted by texasproud11 View Post
                      I’ll preface by saying I’m a coffee nerd and love the process, technique, challenge and reward of precise coffee brewing, which may sound weird but this is also a bow hunting forum 😅. If you like it muddy and dark, French press is the way to go. Technically light roast drip coffee has far more caffeine (stronger even than most espresso) but lacks the burnt flavor most people wrongly associate with strong coffee which is probably what your wife is talking about. Coffee companies burn their coffee because it creates consistency and it’s more difficult to roast coffee in mass from so many different farms and farmers to quality profiles. Therefore it’s burned and served in mass and hey it gets the job done. Many large roasting houses see a value in a “light” roast and offer a variety too. You could French press light roasted coffee and be at a happy middle ground of dark, muddy, unburnt coffee. By the way, flavor in coffee is highly effected by freshness of the bean and grind. Better flavor is had by brewing coffee within 5 mins of the grind and within 2 weeks of its roasting. There’s tons of local companies, some with great causes behind them that provide whole bean coffee that are worth your dollar. They don’t tell you what the “roast” is as it is almost always specific to the bean but it’s usually something you would consider a medium to medium light roast.
                      That sure is a lot of words trying to defend a position.

And I agree with 100% of it.

Like wine tasting, coffee has many complex flavors and the more you roast it to French or Vienna roast, the more the flavors are cook out and all beans begin tasting alike. I would venture to guess that the majority of the public like varying strengths of coffee that more or less mask the taste that you get with light to medium roasts. I fit into that category nicely. Add cream and sugar or other various flavors and you get away from a pure coffee connoisseur however if it taste good to you, drink it.

When I was roasting my own beans, I would say that within hours they started losing some of the nuances of flavor.

But I mostly ruin mine with cream and sugar... because I like the taste.

Comment

I usually grind the Kirkland brand. I have been known to buy some Blue Mountain beans while in Jamaica but I cannot say the price is justified.

Comment

In the Navy we always like having a cup o mud.

Comment

Never figured this place for a bunch of coffee snobs. The best coffee is from a small town gas station and its like burnt motor oil.

At home its put in whatever k cup I've got and hit the road.

Coffee is like pizza and ***! Even when its bad its good.

Comment

HEB Taste of San Antonio in an Aeropress at home or the Keurig at work when I want a good cup. If I brew it in the pot mine tastes perfect with 5 Tablespoons in a 12 cup pot.

Comment

Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees, I mean.

That was good.

This is **** but, hey...
                                I drink absolutely any kind of coffee....black, flavored, strong, sweetened, with or without cream.
                                I even like the Community with chicory.

It's just a caffeine delivery vehicle to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X