No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im wondering with Straw on the roster whether Jake is going to be traded. Straw can also play SS if need be.

Comment

if the Astros used their own cameras to steal signs there will be an issue. having said that....stealing signs…..or having signs at all is a strategy and not cheating. The MLB allows cameras to film the signs....I can sit in the stands and watch the feed on my iPhone and scream out the call if I think I am right...who knows..it may work. The Astros have not been great at home compared to on the road....not scandal worthy to say the least so if they are attempting to gain an advantage they are not good at it. If you find yourself worked up over this your team probably sucks. Once again....if the Astros placed cameras and communication devices to steal signs they need to pay a price.....it won't happen though. Every team does the same thing. Whomever had the idea had worked in many organizations and this is not a "this team or that team" idea....ready for spring season!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Im wondering with Straw on the roster whether Jake is going to be traded. Straw can also play SS if need be.
        We love jake... but i think hes got opportunities as a starter on other teams that need a fast AF stud OF and he'll be given that chance..
        Straws cheaper, as fast if not faster, and can play IF ... if his AB improve hell be an all around asset for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          if the Astros used their own cameras to steal signs there will be an issue. having said that....stealing signs…..or having signs at all is a strategy and not cheating. The MLB allows cameras to film the signs....I can sit in the stands and watch the feed on my iPhone and scream out the call if I think I am right...who knows..it may work. The Astros have not been great at home compared to on the road....not scandal worthy to say the least so if they are attempting to gain an advantage they are not good at it. If you find yourself worked up over this your team probably sucks. Once again....if the Astros placed cameras and communication devices to steal signs they need to pay a price.....it won't happen though. Every team does the same thing. Whomever had the idea had worked in many organizations and this is not a "this team or that team" idea....ready for spring season!!
          It is not a this team or that team thing but the Astros are the only ones being investigated for it and are the only ones who will be punished for it. That is the part that ****** me off. The Yanks did it and the Sox did it and all they got was a slap on the hand and no media outrage. Now they all act like the Astros threw a baby off a cliff. Typical.

Comment

Rangers are very strong favorites to get rendon... what a waste.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhdQzdlOCA"]That's the way baseball go - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Will see. If they were watching the live feed provided by the league and banging on a can or whistling, meh. If it is their own camera and wearable electronic devices, that is shameful. Seems like a lot of people have already found them guilty of the worst case scenario. Nor does anyone seem to care if other teams were doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  8 arbitration eligible on the 40
                  Surely they don't intend to go to arbitration with Correa or Springer? When do they have to have that done by, I forget?

I thought Springer had a deal already...

Comment

Springer is locked up for next year but would be good to get a deal done for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Surely they don't intend to go to arbitration with Correa or Springer? When do they have to have that done by, I forget?

I thought Springer had a deal already...
                      Springer has a contract for next year. Im sure Correa and the Astros will settle on something before it gets to arbitration. At least that has been the case for most Astros players. A few have stuck to their guns and went through arbitration but it is about a 50-50 deal on winning and from what I understand can get pretty ugly. Im hoping they will find a way to extend Springer to a long term deal before the season starts. He and Altuve are the heart and soul of that team.

Comment

Springer should take precedent over everyone, imo. I wouldn’t break any banks for Correa’s dumb ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Springer should take precedent over everyone, imo. I wouldn’t break any banks for Correa’s dumb ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That is pretty much everyone's opinion here. Correa is a special talent, he just cant seem to stay on the field to display it. Altuve is locked up, Bregman is locked up, Correa and JV for a couple more year. I would love to see Springer locked up as well. McCullars, Urquidy are still cheap and have done well with the big club. Whitley, who knows if he is ever going to transfer that potential to the Bigs. If so, the pitching staff with continue to be stacked.

Comment

There was talk of a Correa deal last offseason, but he turned it down wanting to negotiate after a full healthy season. Can you say OOOOPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                              There was talk of a Correa deal last offseason, but he turned it down wanting to negotiate after a full healthy season. Can you say OOOOPS!
                              Correa was offered a really good deal some years that would basically get him through arbitration plus a year or so.....he did not take it and now has his performance and play time part of the negotiating equation each year....oops. I think he played 72 regular season games last year. Dude wants to be the second coming of A-Rod for the yankees….he can go.

Comment

Yep. Correa and his 'agent' whose really not an agent... better be ready to take a hit... and not try an upsell, because hes worth more gone at this point.
                                Will say...if hes gone...ill miss that arm..

Looks like team is looking at a bunch of FA pitchers...

Wish they would just sign chirinos already and lock that down... making me nervous with all these other bargains at C they are trying..

Comment

Working...
                                X