No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if they suspend the Astros' GM and manager, the rest of the West is all the sudden going to have more talent on their rosters?

The Astros are being made the scapgoat for the technology cheating if they are the only ones being investigated. Why not investigate all of the clubs suspected of the cheating? And if using technology to cheat is such a horrid assault against the game of baseball why were the Yanks and Red Sox barely given a slap on the hand for it?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      So if they suspend the Astros' GM and manager, the rest of the West is all the sudden going to have more talent on their rosters?

The Astros are being made the scapgoat for the technology cheating if they are the only ones being investigated. Why not investigate all of the clubs suspected of the cheating? And if using technology to cheat is such a horrid assault against the game of baseball why were the Yanks and Red Sox barely given a slap on the hand for it?
      More talent? Nope. Especiallythe rangers (good lord they are in bad shape). Just adversely affects the dynasty in the division. Maybe greatly affect to the point of lost games.

Scapegoats? Maybe. Its hard to know who all did what and to what extent and with what intent, etc.. in every situation. the yanks and red Sox are the deep state so to speak and I think it's safe to say "to big to fail". Stros and rangers not so much.

But this specific situation isn't about the yanks and red Sox. Stealing signs with a camera is wrong and is cheating. It doesn't matter what we think about our respective home teams, the written rules say you cant do what's been elledged of the stros. If its found they did that, and were stupid enough to get caught, it's going to bring a punishment. Wouldn't you agree if the evidence is found that they used the camera, they should receive some punishment? Fair punishment?

Btw, I think the stros are stacked with awesome baseball player men and am unapologetically a closet fan of how they go about destroying the competition with their talent. With or without the eye in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
        More talent? Nope. Especiallythe rangers (good lord they are in bad shape). Just adversely affects the dynasty in the division. Maybe greatly affect to the point of lost games.

Scapegoats? Maybe. Its hard to know who all did what and to what extent and with what intent, etc.. in every situation. the yanks and red Sox are the deep state so to speak and I think it's safe to say "to big to fail". Stros and rangers not so much.

But this specific situation isn't about the yanks and red Sox. Stealing signs with a camera is wrong and is cheating. It doesn't matter what we think about our respective home teams, the written rules say you cant do what's been elledged of the stros. If its found they did that, and were stupid enough to get caught, it's going to bring a punishment. Wouldn't you agree if the evidence is found that they used the camera, they should receive some punishment? Fair punishment?

Btw, I think the stros are stacked with awesome baseball player men and am unapologetically a closet fan of how they go about destroying the competition with their talent. With or without the eye in the sky.
        Oh good. Been waiting for this.
        They found the supposed camera?
        Please post the link and good work.

Sure hope it doesnt say fox sports on it or youre sure gonna look silly.

Comment

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Agree the Astros should be punished if they cheated. What I’m saying is why is the investigation solely on the Astros as Manfort said? There are plenty of other teams suspected of doing the same thing. They just get off free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Agree the Astros should be punished if they cheated. What I’m saying is why is the investigation solely on the Astros as Manfort said? There are plenty of other teams suspected of doing the same thing. They just get off free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Man, I hope not. If theres other cheating going on let's find and destroy. I sincerely don't believe the level of cheating elledged is good for the sport we both seem to love. No favorites for sure. If theres nothing to it though, let's all move on

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Oh good. Been waiting for this.
              They found the supposed camera?
              Please post the link and good work.

Sure hope it doesnt say fox sports on it or youre sure gonna look silly.
              No. But it's been elledged. The allegation came from a specific witness who was in on it. But you are correct, I havent seen the camera allegedly used.

Not sure how else to work in elledged....
              Last edited by camoclad; 11-23-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

No. But it's been elledged. The allegation came from a specific witness who was in on it. But you are correct, I havent seen the camera allegedly used.

*alleged* lmao I need a spell check for my autocorrect

Comment

No. But it's been alleged. The allegation came from a specific disgruntled ex-employee who claims to have in on it, coming forth 2 years later in an attempt to 'clean up baseball' while he is a known cheater and has a perfect game due to the use of pinetar... with said team hes now making accusations about - and is now a pariah in any clubhouse he enters.
                  But you are correct, I havent seen the camera allegedly used.

Fixed some of it for you...

Comment

Was there a rule previously established that prohibited electronic sign stealing? Honest question.

It seems to me that baseball has a TON of room to work on their electronic front, replays are a joke, what can/can't be challenged is a joke. I'm just curious if groundwork had actually been laid to state what could be done with technology.

Comment

Fixed some of it for you...
                      My spelling is on me but now your just pulling a shifty schiff

Comment

Context.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                          Was there a rule previously established that prohibited electronic sign stealing? Honest question.

It seems to me that baseball has a TON of room to work on their electronic front, replays are a joke, what can/can't be challenged is a joke. I'm just curious if groundwork had actually been laid to state what could be done with technology.
                          Prolly a good place to start. The rule book doesn't actually prohibit electronic sign stealing per say . Manfred is positioning like he has issued specific guidelines on how and where to place cams, and maybe a prohibition memo issued 20 years ago by a MLB executive. Why is the rule not formalized in the rule book, idk, and idk how much weight memos and directives carry in MLB. We are about to find out though.

Comment

Context.
                            Right

Comment

Here is an article from 2017, it states stealing signs not illegal.... and mentions a ton of teams not including the Astros. I just don't understand the recent problem. Baseball is just super late at reacting to a problem they've known they have been having??

Did Boston actually break the rules? Will there be punishment? Here are the answers to the questions driving the Red Sox-Yankees investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                                Here is an article from 2017, it states stealing signs not illegal.... and mentions a ton of teams not including the Astros. I just don't understand the recent problem. Baseball is just super late at reacting to a problem they've known they have been having??

https://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/...-sign-stealing
                                Thanks for sharing. I'll read during church

Perhaps they don't codify some rules because of the corner it backs you into?? No one wants to issue a death penalty in their organization, especially if it comes against a bell cow. This way, the commissioner has flexibility???

Comment

Working...
                                X