No announcement yet.

Age guess? Will he even make 13"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the law allowed an exception for post mature bucks.

Comment

7.5-8.5 108-110

13 wide

Comment

Personally I think he makes 13. Not by much but I think he makes it.

-john

Comment

He's old could be 4.5 could be 7.5 he needs to go !
          I really think TP&W should start a program that you could take a trailcam pic to the local office and they for a small fee could give you a permit to take that deer ,it would be simple to do and would bring in income which is really all TP&W is concerned with anyway !

Comment

Jeff that is an old buck! Post mature IMO. I say he is a hair over 13"

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              X2

Comment

I agree with being older, I just don't think he makes 13. dang close though

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

I hope you're right because I'd like to get him out of here. The laws intent was to protect young deer. I don't see any reason for this deer to be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                    He's old could be 4.5 could be 7.5 he needs to go !
                    I really think TP&W should start a program that you could take a trailcam pic to the local office and they for a small fee could give you a permit to take that deer ,it would be simple to do and would bring in income which is really all TP&W is concerned with anyway !

Im all in for this idea! Theres a few out there I'd like to take out my herd as well !

Comment

no way to tell from that, but he is old and mature. Needs to go

Comment

No full frontal pics? Difficult to say from the pics provided but I do believe he will be wider than 13". That deer is at least 6.5.

Comment

If I had front pics I would have posted them

Comment

That deers not a day under 6.5 I bet and I would lean on post mature. Betting he doesnt have many teeth left and not because hes from east tx

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I don't have an age minimum, but I do let several good buck walk each year hoping to get them to 4 years old. To me he looks past his prime, and may never be legal. May need to be coyote bait
                              You would be correct.. He's 6.5-7.5 and is the poster buck for a "Cull"... A lot of good meat on that big dude!! Sending you a PM.

Comment

AR was made to protect babies like that. that aint a sag under his jaw, its milk running down I guess.

I would guess he makes 13 and would guess he is stupid old.

Comment

Working...
                                X