6.5-284 Norma ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5-284 Norma ammo

I just wanted to throw my situation out there. I had a rifle built by APR in 6.5-284 Norma but then flaked out and changed my mind. I ended up with a 6.5 prc. What can I say, I’m a bowhunter and don’t know much! Anyway, I have a bunch of 6.5-284 ammo that I would be willing to sell. Some is factory, some is best of the West, and some was loaded by copper creek. If there is an interest I’ll post it up in the classifieds.

Shoot me a PM with the specs, please sir

Comment

You almost had the best all around gun ever....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        You almost had the best all around gun ever....lol.
        I believe you! Unfortunately I don’t reload yet and maybe won’t ever have time to swing it. I think the 6.5-284 would be capable with factory ammo but would really shine in the hands of a reloader. Again, I’m a dumb bowhunter!!!!

Comment

Pm me, I might be interested. Just so you know. You messed up ��

Comment

I’m interested please PM me also.
            Thanks

Comment

I’ll just post what I have:
              B of W 142 grain accubond LR
              2 boxes

140 grain nosler accubond(factory)
              2 boxes

Copper creek 140 grain accubond
              1 box

Copper creek 140 grain Berger vld
              1 box

Copper creek 140 grain accubond
              Load development pack
              1 box

Sorry, it’s busy at work and I haven’t had time to pm folks. Let me know what y’all think.
              Last edited by docmay; 10-10-2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

good choice on the 6.5 PRC. Hornady already has match ammo out there and more on the way.

I have a feeling there's about to be a ton of factory ammo on this cartridge because it puts a high BC bullet right at the "speed limit" for these competitions. If rules say they can be at 3200 fps they are not gonna shoot the same bullet out of a creedmoor at 2750.

Comment

Doc,

How do you like that 6.5 PRC so far? Is it very accurate and what velocity are you getting out of it, if you've checked.

I've got a Swede, but I'm considering buying my GF the PRC. I think it would be a great whitetail, mule deer, hog, and even a caribou round. What's the recoil compare to? She shoots a Ruger 22/250 at present. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    Doc,

How do you like that 6.5 PRC so far? Is it very accurate and what velocity are you getting out of it, if you've checked.

I've got a Swede, but I'm considering buying my GF the PRC. I think it would be a great whitetail, mule deer, hog, and even a caribou round. What's the recoil compare to? She shoots a Ruger 22/250 at present. Thanks
                    I shot anout 15 rounds through the prc yesterday. It is a 7 lb rifle with a brake. Recoil is minimal. Less recoil than my sons 7mm-08 it’s a brake. It shoots well and I would have no problem using it on elk. Seems to be a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                      I shot anout 15 rounds through the prc yesterday. It is a 7 lb rifle with a brake. Recoil is minimal. Less recoil than my sons 7mm-08 it’s a brake. It shoots well and I would have no problem using it on elk. Seems to be a winner!
                      That's awesome. I may have to get two then! I've only seen two manufacturers, Montana Rifles and Sauer. I'm leaning hard towards the Montana.

Comment

My 6.5 prc was built by Alamo precision. I know hill country rifles is building them as well. I don’t know about factory guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I knew Hill Country was, but they're a little out of my price point.

Comment

Working...
                          X