2nd Ammendment supporters had more affect than they anticipated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I have only been to Mexico and Canada. Haven't actually boycotted either.

My question was due to the thread on the safety of Mexico. Lots of TBHers vacationing there. Many of which boycott establishments that don't allow or sell guns. I just think it's odd to "not spend money" in those establishments or California but then spend thousands in Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I get where you're coming from but the list of countries with a right to bear arms is a short one. It'd make it hard to leave the country. We should also shame people who want to go hunt New Zealand since they're banning Assault Rifles. I'm all for boycotting as a means to stand up for your principles but I also understand that it's hard to boycott every business, city, state, country that disagrees with those principles.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      Kinda what i was thinking. Hard to imagine 150mil only being 1.7% of your annual revenue stream.
      And will actually may be less than that, because that inventory space will be replaced with other inventory that could have a similar profit margin... After all selling guns at big box prices and the regs that come with it aren't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        I get where you're coming from but the list of countries with a right to bear arms is a short one. It'd make it hard to leave the country. We should also shame people who want to go hunt New Zealand since they're banning Assault Rifles. I'm all for boycotting as a means to stand up for your principles but I also understand that it's hard to boycott every business, city, state, country that disagrees with those principles.
        It's not only that. The whole illegals and border crisis situation. Most other countries leaders do not tell their citizens they have a right to live in the US and that they should go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
          It sucks Dicks Made the decision to get political. I've bought a decent amount of guns from them on their black friday deals.

Comment

They are doing this in about 10% of their stores that under perform in that category. Didn't figure any would be in Texas though. I guess that area has more soccer moms than outdoor dads.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
              I knew about the AR's. I thought they decided to quite selling other guns as well. I didnt realize it was manufacturers refusing to sell to them. That is greatness.

I never shopped there anyway. Even their sale prices were higher than others normal prices.
              * quit
              Not quite selling

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                I was in one of the SA stores late last week and hunting dept was packed with inventory including guns...that store not get the memo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                They haven't quit selling guns.. the media doesn't always give all of the truth... ****'s stopped selling ARs after Sandyhook.. they pulled ARs from their other store "field and stream" after the florida school shooting.

Comment

Brick and mortar retail is a crazy environment right now. Dropping like flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    It's not only that. The whole illegals and border crisis situation. Most other countries leaders do not tell their citizens they have a right to live in the US and that they should go there.

OK, I can see your point that in addition to Mexico not recognizing a right to bear arms there are other reasons you think people should boycott. So for those who are gungho 2nd amendment advocates, should they boycott New Zealand for banning ARs? Should they boycott other countries who do not recognize a right to bear arms?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      You are so welcome, sweetie.
                      Dckwad..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        They haven't quit selling guns.. the media doesn't always give all of the truth... ****'s stopped selling ARs after Sandyhook.. they pulled ARs from their other store "field and stream" after the florida school shooting.
                        U r correcto!!! That was exactly what he discussed on the TV show.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          * quit
                          Not quite selling

My fingers get ahead of my brain sometimes. Thanks for being the spelling police though. It was a great addition to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                            OK, I can see your point that in addition to Mexico not recognizing a right to bear arms there are other reasons you think people should boycott. So for those who are gungho 2nd amendment advocates, should they boycott New Zealand for banning ARs? Should they boycott other countries who do not recognize a right to bear arms?
                            I think the terminology is off. I'm not going to boycott all things Mexico. I'm still drinking tequila and Dos Equis. I'm just not going to spend thousands vacationing there. Plenty of place to go here in the states.

Plus you keep saying me. I'm not the guy that will not go in an establishment that does not allow guns nor boycott a store based on the choices they make on what items to sell. My whole point was about hippocrits that do this yet spend thousands vacationing in Mexico.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-23-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

"Dicks" That says it all in one word.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                                It sucks Dicks Made the decision to get political. I've bought a decent amount of guns from them on their black friday deals.
                                Yes, it appears that they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X