Texas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
    I am more for a statewide rule that you cant shoot a buck until he's 4yo!
    There's nothing stopping from using that rule on the property you hunt, if you are in control of it.
    Just don't expect your wishes to be universally accepted by your neighbors, or anyone else, for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
      I just wish you could kill does in late season

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk
      So no one can shoot a deer if they don't have 4 yrs of photo evidence to prove age? Because there is no other guaranteed way to prove age. Anything else would leave it open to opinion.

Edit: somehow I quoted the wrong person
      Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by rolylane6; 12-14-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
        I agree. Our season needs to be a little shorter to help some of these bucks reach maturity. In Oklahoma, gun season doesn't start till November 15. I think that would be a good idea for Texas too.
        Look at the states where rifle season does not exist or only a week. They put up some great deer every year. With that said the Deer population in Texas is probably ore dense than those places and natural forage would deplete. Texas probably take close to a million deer a year.

Comment

Is there even a closed season in East Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
            I wish the rifle season was cut short or pushed back a couple weeks and allow bow hunting during muzzle loader season. Either way. Shave off time with a boom stick and gain time with a bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Heck ya

Folks have enough issues figuring scores and width.

Comment

So no one can shoot a deer if they don't have 4 yrs of photo evidence to prove age? Because there is no other guaranteed way to prove age. Anything else would leave it open to opinion.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes Have bow season start 3rd week of September and run it until first weekend of February. Gun season from thanksgiving until New Years !!

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                  I just wish you could kill does in late season

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

This, above.
                  And cut the rifle season down some on the back end. Deer are non-existent in our area come Dec.

Comment

Hunt the acorns 😂😂😂

Yall must have a single acorn tree in a 500 acre desert. Try “hunting the acorns”where you have hundreds of oaks per acre and no matter where you set up they are raining on your skull lol. Is there a deer hiding under every oak tree? Haha

Comment

It seems to be a week shorter for general season this year. Wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                      X