No announcement yet.

Texas Deer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish it opened a month sooner, not later. Ie, open Sept. 1.

We have a small rut session mid late Sept. and full blown one in middle Oct.

By mid Feb, most, if not all out bucks have dropped their horns.

I guess it all depends on where in the state you are where your preference is.

Comment

i would really like to see them switch "muzzleloader season" to "primitive weapons" season and include archery.

and add it to the end of the archery only counties

Comment

No
        My liver needs a rest by the time season is over

Comment

Rifle season yes. archery no. That 1st 2 weeks is the best in my opinion.

Comment

I had rather trans pecos mule deer season be moved a couple weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would settle for the same deer season across the state which means north of 90 gets the same season as south of 90. I know I have argued with others on here about it and TPWD had it on the table but caved to the quail hunters. I still feel the same way even though I don't hunt on the border of 2 less weeks any more. It always seemed stupid to me that somebody on the other side of the road could hunt for 2 more weeks because...they were on the other side of the road....

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I would like to see the state of Texas go straight archery season. 4 day gun season Thanksgiving weekend, start the bow season in Sept, end it in late Jan….yeah. Oh, and lets end this, cant kill a doe after Thanksgiving garbage. Take the spike tag off and replace it with a doe tag.
                Our doe killing stops the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Mid September to Mid January should be good. Get it done.

Comment

Nah, In our area, bucks are dropping horns towards the end of December, beginning of January.

Comment

Texas Deer Season

It would be cool if the “special youth season”. Wasn’t exactly at the same time as “anyone can kill anything they want season” in southern zone.

BUT, it’s Texas parks wildlife and since they’re the laziest government agency in existence, we will have to settle for a documented special season that’s really not special at all.

But thanks guys for letting us shoot spikes and does for two more weeks. [emoji23]
                      Last edited by kyle1974; 12-13-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I just wish the NTX guys could hunt the first 2 weeks of January…like the STX guys get!

Comment

If you can’t kill a buck in 3 months, he deserves to get a year older, and year bigger IMO. We have one of the longest seasons out there, lots of states only use a Rifle for a week or two.

Comment

I wish the rifle season was cut short or pushed back a couple weeks and allow bow hunting during muzzle loader season. Either way. Shave off time with a boom stick and gain time with a bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am more for a statewide rule that you cant shoot a buck until he's 4yo!

Comment

I just wish you could kill does in late season

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X