What time of day for rattling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time of day for rattling?

What time of day is the most productive for rattling.

This drizzly, cool weather...all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      This drizzly, cool weather...all day long.
      ^^^

Comment

Mid day always worked best for me. The times I’ve rattled and had success, I didn’t think I would because I was away from feeders and known travel areas, put myself in spots I’d never hunt. I also started seeing more bucks while rattling when I started kicking trees, kicking up dust and making as much noise as possible. I’ve had friends miss deer because they were laughing at me, but if it works it works lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Episode 013 - The Science of Antler Rattling from Deer University is a good source of info.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Mid day always worked best for me. The times I’ve rattled and had success, I didn’t think I would because I was away from feeders and known travel areas, put myself in spots I’d never hunt. I also started seeing more bucks while rattling when I started kicking trees, kicking up dust and making as much noise as possible. I’ve had friends miss deer because they were laughing at me, but if it works it works lol.

Yep. My Dad would stomp his feet and kick up dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All day during the rut. Just don't over do it with the rattling. When the rut is going bucks will be moving most of the day, except when they are worn out and stop and rest a while.

Comment

All day long in this weather.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Full moon at night

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                    Episode 013 - The Science of Antler Rattling from Deer University is a good source of info.
                    [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHdZRquTSlg&t=2s"]Deer University Episode 013 – The Science of Antler Rattling - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Full moon at night
                      Lol

Comment

My personal experience has been from first light through noon. Honestly its probably because thats when I have had the most success, more confidence, and tried the most. I have just never had much luck in the evenings and I do not try much these days after lunch.
                        Peak/post rut I prefer the grunt tube and I will use it all day.

Comment

Depending on weather, all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Full moon at night
                            Sounds like you hunt around Freer.

Comment

I listened to about 1/2 of this video. Great info. and well worth my time. I`ve dedicated 2 hunts in the past 4 days just to rattling. Called in 4 bucks and only busted by one (down wind). Bad wind today or I`d be back at it. Even had a small buck come in when I was leaving and brushing in my ground blind better. I was breaking dead limbs on an old mesquite for a few minutes and he showed up out of nowhere to see what was making all the noise. No feeders on the small acreage, but plenty of water and cover. I believe one thing he said in the video was to have confidence in your rattling is very important. Another thing I learned yesterday is they will probably show up after you think it isn`t working. I got distracted to a noise behind me and was trying to see what it was for a few minutes and when I turned back around slowly all I got to see was the rear end of a buck that had an a ss the size of a Donkey walking away and back into the mesquites..
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHdZRquTSlg&t=774s"]Deer University Episode 013 – The Science of Antler Rattling - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X