F250 gassers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 gassers

Need input from folks with F250 gas experience. I’ve officially convinced myself I don’t need a diesel no matter how much I want one and I’m in the market for a 2017 or newer F250. Any common issues with these trucks? Things to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible gas mileage on the 6.2

Comment

My dad has a 2018. Think it’s the 6.2. Believe he averages 13ish MPG. Zero issues with the truck so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
        I have 63,000 miles on my 2017 F350 with the 6.2 gas engine. My life to date mileage is 12.3 mpg. Over that mileage I have hauled my truck camper quite a bit and pulled my ATV trailer.

When empty running on the highway I get between 14 and 15 mpg. Sometimes a little higher and if bucking the wind a little less.

I am not unhappy at all with my mileage on this truck. After all, it is a 1 ton crew cab 4x4.

I have not had any problems but did replace my battery about 4 months ago. Nice thing about the gas engine is that they just run meaning they are very reliable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I’m aware mileage isn’t good on these trucks, but I have a company truck I spend 40-60 hours a week in so my personal vehicle may only see the road for just a few hours a week unless I’m going out of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

bought my 18 fx4 crew in 17. Zero issues. I have the 4.10 rear end. Empty get about 13, with a 16' trailer and SxS or similar load 10. Pulling 14K 5th wheel, 6.5-8 depending on hills

Comment

2017 F250 gasser. Zero problems. I used to get 13/14 before I put a levelling kit and 35s. Now 12 is the best. But I don't put a lot of miles on it.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

20 f250 work truck 13mpg 2wd

Comment

I had a 17’ 350 6.7 diesel until earlier this year. Now I’ve got a 22’ 7.3 F-250. I was a bit hesitant on the gasser at first, but I don’t regret it at all. There’s no lack of power with the truck, and I actually prefer it to a stock diesel in stop and go traffic. I only pull 5K-8K these days, and might hit 10K once a year. The 7.3 gasser is perfect for that type of use. 14-15 mpg on the highway, and 10ish. pulling.

Comment

2020 F250 FX4 with 6.2. 14 on Hiway if I dont if I can keep under 75 and not much traffic. Tows boat great, hauls all the gear for hunting trips nice, etc. Granted I miss my F150 but it is all about tradeoffs.

Comment

Anybody have a 7.3 gasser with a 3.55 rear end. Will it do a good job of pulling a 14,000 pound trailer?

Comment

I have a 2021 7.3 and it pulls my 7000# travel trailer great. I used to pull it with a F150 ecoboost and the sway was terrible. The F250 eliminated that completely. Can run 75 mph no problem.

Comment

Shop trucks at work have always been gasser 250s. They get abused and driven pedal to the metal, beat up, raced etc.. I don’t think I recall any issues out of them since They went to them in 2012ish.. they do get replaced around 120-150k though and they also get everything maintenance that the owners manual says to do.. i can’t speak for long term since they never stick around past 150k. My grandpas company buys Chevy gassers and have a bunch they run until around 300k with very minimal small issues mostly..

Comment

Yes but diesel has been running a $1.25 or so higher for a good while now. Plus the r engine is another $10k in the price of the truck. Hard to justify if you really don’t need. This coming from a guy driving a 22 diesel currently. I’m really 2nd guessing my decision lol.

Comment

My 2011 F250 (bought new in April 2011) with a 6.2 has 207k on it, and it’s never given me any problems. Mileage is around 14 highway and 12 around town which I don’t think is horrible, because my 2011 Chevy 1500 with a v6 only gets 16.

If I was buying a F250 or 350 today, I would go with the 7.3 gas motor. From the experience of some friends that RV full time, it’s got a lot more power than the 6.2 with about the same mileage.

Edit to add. I’ve owned 8 diesel trucks over the last 30 years, and I seriously doubt I will ever own another.
                              Last edited by retrieverman; 11-14-2022, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X