Corn piled under feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
    Same in Leon county...terrible movement. Mother nature dumped a ton of acorns in this terrible drought.
    Can confirm.

I rolled all my feeders back to barely feed. Make em want it.

Also, I scratched out a small food plot with wildlife mix this year. They're hitting that now that we finally got rain and it came up last week.

Glad I got my buck Oct 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      Quit spending money on corn and hunt the acorns.
      that doesnt work as well when you dont have oaks/acorns

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
        Same in Leon county...terrible movement. Mother nature dumped a ton of acorns in this terrible drought.
        our deer movement in Normangee has been pretty good.

Comment

Pray for more rain and a freeze!! That’s all I got

Comment

We have a lot of acorn trees :-) but deer are still cleaning up corn.

Comment

Just pulled my cam cards for review---and there was lots of corn on the ground to be seen.

Comment

Oak trees in Robertson County are LOADED with acorns, and corn was piled untouched under the feeders. Not even squirrels were eating the corn.
                Attached Files

Comment

get a couple 18 wheeler loads of squirrels and turn them loose

Comment

We have next to no acorns this year due to the extreme dry summer. However recent rains have greened things some so the deer are less dependent on supplemental feed.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

We are all growing corn under our feeders in Nac. Nothing is coming to it....not even coons, squirrels or birds. 8 pics in 3 weeks on the feeder cam. Told me lease partner to just move my camera to the county road that borders our lease so at least I can watch an occasional truck drive by.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                        Turn your feeder off until all the corn is gone. Then turn it back on, setting your timer to only dispense the amount of corn that the deer pick up immediately when it goes off. This requires the deer to compete for the corn. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years. The deer literally run to my feeders when they go off. The key is seasonally adjusting your feed amounts to never feed more than they will eat.
                        Good advice here. If they can hit your feeder whenever they want you more then likely won't be there when they do. I do the same when they start leaving it on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                          Acorns are falling there not coming to my feeder is there something I can do
                          To bring them
                          In to my field

Right there with ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turn feeders to 1 second twice a day.

Make a “Fake scrape” well within bow range?
                            Deer love my trophy rocks.
                            Rattle and grunt calls.
                            Hand corn away from feeder

Later in the season feeders will be back in demand.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              We have next to no acorns this year due to the extreme dry summer. However recent rains have greened things some so the deer are less dependent on supplemental feed.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
                              We have had 8” of rain total this year. Driest I can recall. We have a bumper crop of acorns. I can’t spit under an oak and not hit an acorn. I am told the high acorn production is a preservation instinct of the tree in periods of stress.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                                We have had 8” of rain total this year. Driest I can recall. We have a bumper crop of acorns. I can’t spit under an oak and not hit an acorn. I am told the high acorn production is a preservation instinct of the tree in periods of stress.
                                This. My pecans, persimmons, chestnuts, and plums are all producing bumper crops this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X