• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard TRT causes prostate cancer

Comment

Doctor

Originally posted by david8017 View Post
      Any urologist recommendations in the Houston/Cypress area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sent you a PM on a place in Cypress my wife works at.

Comment

Seems like letting nature take its course is best

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
          Really? For me and everyone else I know that's on TRT it's the complete opposite. I switched over from shots to pellets and for me pellets are 1000x better than shots.

Same for me

Comment

disclaimer: i have contacted my doctor, awaiting a response at this time.

i wanted to see what you guys thought about my situation or if any of you have had this happen.

since 2017 (38yo) my T has slid from 575 down to 475 last year at 43yo, i just had some blood work done last week and it came back at 740. no trt, no real change in anything major. i still lift and/or run 4-6 times a week like i always have, diet is similar although since july i have made an effort to eat a little better and a little less, resulting in about a 10-15lb weight loss, from 210ish to under 200 now. i know T and body fat are tightly related, could this be the reason?

all of my other bloodwork was within range, which i am hoping will rule out any type of tumor or something that could affect it. and anything i read about this said that T is usually really high in these cases.

i dont feel like it is 740, not like i would think i should feel anyway, if it was that high. i still wake up achy and sore, have afternoon fatigue, etc.

maybe a dumb quesiton, but could the test have been skewed somehow? literally all i had for dinner the night before was a big ribeye, any chance that threw something off?

when the results came in i sent a message asking what they thought about the increase, i got a response from a nurse stating "results are within range, continue current therapy."

i said, "i am not doing any type of therapy, and never have."

she replied, "i will forward this to the doctor."

Comment

Do they go off of total testosterone or free? My levels were at 352 ng/dl and free was 5.0 pg/ml. Are those levels ok or do I need to look into it. I’m 39.

Comment

If you are at the low range of the spectrum or think you may be, see if there is a Synergenx near you and go see them. They will do blood work and get you on a regimen that suits your lifestyle/profession. They are quick and efficient every week, never there more than 10 mins max

If you have BCBS they cover test therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  disclaimer: i have contacted my doctor, awaiting a response at this time.

i wanted to see what you guys thought about my situation or if any of you have had this happen.

since 2017 (38yo) my T has slid from 575 down to 475 last year at 43yo, i just had some blood work done last week and it came back at 740. no trt, no real change in anything major. i still lift and/or run 4-6 times a week like i always have, diet is similar although since july i have made an effort to eat a little better and a little less, resulting in about a 10-15lb weight loss, from 210ish to under 200 now. i know T and body fat are tightly related, could this be the reason?

all of my other bloodwork was within range, which i am hoping will rule out any type of tumor or something that could affect it. and anything i read about this said that T is usually really high in these cases.

i dont feel like it is 740, not like i would think i should feel anyway, if it was that high. i still wake up achy and sore, have afternoon fatigue, etc.

maybe a dumb quesiton, but could the test have been skewed somehow? literally all i had for dinner the night before was a big ribeye, any chance that threw something off?

when the results came in i sent a message asking what they thought about the increase, i got a response from a nurse stating "results are within range, continue current therapy."

i said, "i am not doing any type of therapy, and never have."

she replied, "i will forward this to the doctor."
                  we do a health fair at work and they do free blood testing, i had it done a couple weeks ago and got the results, T was 679 on this one. this is where i have been getting my other tests done that i have posted here. strange.

i didnt post this earlier because i thought the 740 results may have been skewed for some reason, but in september i started using B-Nox pre-workout, who promotes a "testosterone boosting" formula. i figured it was BS, but would be interested to see if anyone has had any similar results with it....

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot179 View Post
                    Do they go off of total testosterone or free? My levels were at 352 ng/dl and free was 5.0 pg/ml. Are those levels ok or do I need to look into it. I’m 39.
                    Borderline low. Get on supplements if you can.

Comment

we do a health fair at work and they do free blood testing, i had it done a couple weeks ago and got the results, T was 679 on this one. this is where i have been getting my other tests done that i have posted here. strange.

i didnt post this earlier because i thought the 740 results may have been skewed for some reason, but in september i started using B-Nox pre-workout, who promotes a "testosterone boosting" formula. i figured it was BS, but would be interested to see if anyone has had any similar results with it....
                      I have a body building buddy that gets blood work done weekly and has been doing TRT for 4-5 years now. He said on days he does a hard leg lift day then gets bloodwork done normally his levels jump 150-200. Fat loss in your core area should help your numbers over time plus hitting legs regularly will help as well. I utilize a Test booster supplement when I'm feeling the days catch up with me but I haven't done bloodwork to check levels.

Comment

Hate to disappoint but testosterone boosters are crap and a scam. Get the real deal from a good doctor if your low.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post
                          Hate to disappoint but testosterone boosters are crap and a scam. Get the real deal from a good doctor if your low.

Yep if they worked there wouldn’t be a need for dr administered testosterone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Yep if they worked there wouldn’t be a need for dr administered testosterone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            Yeah I would agree a $30 bottle of Nugenix isn’t going to help but there is some decent stuff out there to boost levels for the average level guy. Test Doctors are in business because 50 year olds want to feel like they’re 30 again and if you do it right you can see the results in 30 days from the treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post

I tend to agree, but in your opinion, what would cause mine to increase by 250pts at age 44? After it had gradually slid 100pts over the last 4-5 years...

Comment

Testosterone Therapy

I tend to agree, but in your opinion, what would cause mine to increase by 250pts at age 44? After it had gradually slid 100pts over the last 4-5 years...

Placebo. Not a shot at you, but people truly underestimate how powerful a placebo effect can be.

*edit - I’m sure there are some enhancing effects from a test booster but they are minimal. If you had your levels checked without test boosters, then began losing weight, exercising more and eating whole foods, your levels would be higher on your next test and it wouldn’t be because of the boosters.

Last edited by HighwayHunter; 11-05-2022, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X