• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful clean buck! Congrats

Comment

Great Buck!

Comment

Thanks, guys! This is what they can do when you let ‘em go and let ‘em grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          After passing this guy twice last year while chasing a ghost, and 2 weeks of cat and mouse this season, my primary target slipped up and slipped in at 7:15 this morning. A hot doe almost screwed things up, but I got it done and could not be happier.

[ATTACH]1108165[/ATTACH]
          Huge congrats on a beautiful buck

Comment

After passing this guy twice last year while chasing a ghost, and 2 weeks of cat and mouse this season, my primary target slipped up and slipped in at 7:15 this morning. A hot doe almost screwed things up, but I got it done and could not be happier.

[ATTACH]1108165[/ATTACH]
            Great buck!

Comment

[ATTACH]1108165[/ATTACH]
              Beautiful buck Mr. Etxbuckman. Congrats

Comment

Nice lookin' buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                  Oh, I do know what the MLD is for.....I believe.

This is what I am saying, the numbers in my area (west of Grapeland) and my buddy's area (east of Grapeland) are not very high, but there are multiple MLD properties near us. So if the numbers are low, why would MLD be needed or allowed? Unless I am not fully understanding what you are saying.

I would think you would have to get numbers up, before you need to thin them and attempt remove bad genetics.

J
                  Managing population to slightly below the carrying capacity is the goal of MLD, not making trophies.

What is the carrying capacity of the properties you are hunting?

Comment

[ATTACH]1108165[/ATTACH]
                    That is a nice one! Congrats.

Comment

[ATTACH]1108165[/ATTACH]

Great deer man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                        Great deer man!!!

Awesome deer! Congrats

Comment

Beautiful morning in the East Texas woods this morning! I figger they ought to be some serious bloodshed this morning!!

Comment

I didn’t think I would be saying this the morning after a front blew in but where’s the wind at! Dead still here, when it is was blowing from about 8-9 the bucks were cruising around but not much happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              I didn’t think I would be saying this the morning after a front blew in but where’s the wind at! Dead still here, when it is was blowing from about 8-9 the bucks were cruising around but not much happening now.
                              Front was not exactly stout here in Polk County. It’s damp and dead still. So far only have watched a small 8 waltz across food plot. He didn’t even stop long enough to eat a blade of grass.

Aside from dead still wind, I have heard just one or two shots off in near distant. It’s quiet in the east tx woods this am.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                                Front was not exactly stout here in Polk County. It’s damp and dead still. So far only have watched a small 8 waltz across food plot. He didn’t even stop long enough to eat a blade of grass.

Aside from dead still wind, I have heard just one or two shots off in near distant. It’s quiet in the east tx woods this am.
                                Mostly the same report for San augustine county. Hoping for some midday activity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X