No announcement yet.

Was a rough one last night…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form acorns mighty oaks grow...please tell everyone in the family involved with the fostering thank you!! Folks like you and yours are what helps give me hope in the fight for the direction of our nation.

Comment

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Had something else typed up, but as usual the Lord's words are better than mine. Well done and praying for the pain of letting go you are all experiencing

Comment

What an honorable and loving thing to do. My neighbors are fosters. We are always touched to see them invest so much into developing and nourishing young lives only to have them eventually leave. I can only imagine how hard that must be. Kudos to you guys for being able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
          Some my know but my wife & I were foster parents for a long time. That’s how we ended up adopting 8 kiddos. Well my oldest daughter & sil foster now. Well last night was a rough night. They got a placement 8 or 9 months ago, a beautiful 3 month baby girl. Last night it was time to say goodbye. Time for her to got to her forever home. I’m glad we got to watch her grow, listen to her say momma, dada, nanaw & pawpaw!! Glad to watch her take her 1st step, then walk all over the house. Watch her throw scratch out for the chickens.
          You know we had several kids leave our house & it hurt. But that’s what you sign up for sometimes. BUT it rough on pawpaw to say good bye. I didn’t want her to go. I begged & pleaded with God to let her stay but I guess he had different plans than mine. But he’s the same God today as my daughter & SIL dropped her off this morning as he was the day we got her.
          I thought it was rough being a foster parent but I think I was wrong. I think it’s rougher be a foster Pawpaw. I’m hoping we can work something out with her new family to stay connected. Cause I sure do miss her already!!

Got to say it one more time:
          Tater Tot Pawpaw loves you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          This is a tough one to read. My wife and I fostered two sisters, and were blessed to be able to adopt them after a year. I don't know that we could've ever gone through the process again if we'd had to give them back.

Comment

God bless you sir!!!!

Comment

Great job! God Bless! It takes amazing people to be great foster parents.

Comment

Well Said

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                There is a special place in Heaven for foster parents. I'm sorry for the sadness, but when you think of the sadness prevented in that child's life, simply because of the love y'all have shown, you gotta be proud. God bless y'all.
                Thanks for your Service to the World.

Comment

God bless you and your family…this breaks my heart!

Comment

May the Lord Bless you richly. Your cup already overflows. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That would be a tough one. Bless you guys for what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        May the Lord Bless you richly. Your cup already overflows. Thanks for sharing.

On the way home this morning this came on. And this is the exact way I fill. Extremely blessed & my cup does over flow. Even though I’m so unworthy of the many blessings God has bestowed on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's is extremely tough. We had to foster our two and watch them leave once for 2 weeks, only to get them back and finish adoption. Always a curve ball in there somewhere.

Comment

I understand exactly where you are Sir ! My daughter and SIL fostered kids a few years ago. My wife and I quickly got attached to the little ones and it is indeed hard to see them go. In particular one little Latino brother and sister that I was hoping they would adopt, but it wasn’t in the cards. They finally did adopt two kids, a boy and girl. The boy is now 17 I think and the girl 15. Both came from mothers who were druggies. The kids don’t really realize how lucky they are. I sometimes still wonder where the others are and how life is working out for them.

Comment

God Bless foster parents who do it for the right reasons. Hopefully you all can stay in touch .

Comment

God bless you for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X