• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats. Those pine groves hold some good deer.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on a nice PL buck.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Public land or not, Great deer, fantastic shooting. Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck !!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                        Walked into the woods about 3pm. Walked up on a few does that were moving around which I thought was odd considering how warm it was yesterday. Finally got in my stand about 4:30 and really didn’t expect to see anything. It’s been two years since I was able to bow hunt so I was eager to get in the woods anyway. About 6:30 I was standing and kind of letting my mind wander when I see something walking straight at me. Buck! He’s 60 yards and closing in, then takes a hard left turn and headed towards an opening I knew was 40+. I grab my bow and he begins to veer right along the inside edge of a thicket. As he slowly approaches another opening at 25 I draw back and he steps further into the thicket then quickly disappears behind some thicker brush, directly behind my tree. I have no shot. Now I can’t see him, so I stand with bow in hand for about 3 minutes. Thinking he’s caught my ground scent I assume he quietly left town. I hang my bow up again and stay standing. I have a buddy hunting about 150 yards south of me on the other side of this thicket so I text him “buck headed your way”. Since I last saw the buck about 5 minutes have passed. I’m a little upset I wasn’t better situated but really hoping my buddy can shoot his first public land buck. Then like he popped up out of the ground, he took a few steps forward and is now 10 yards from the bottom of my tree on the wrong side. Still no shot. He stands under me for 3 minutes barely moving, I think he could smell my tracks and was trying to decide what to do or which way to go. He finally breaks his stance and turns back to head the way he came from. I grab my bow, draw back and let an arrow fly at 20 yards. He takes off like a bat out of hell, I see the arrow pop out of his other side and watch him run about 150 yards and pile up. Couldn’t be more thankful than I am right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Congrats, good buck brother!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, enjoyed your recap.

Rwc

Comment

Atta Boy!

Comment

Congrats

Comment