No announcement yet.

E filing wait on suppressor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a suppressor in August of 21, snail mail file. Received it Thursday. Was a dang long wait.
    As far as E-File I heard they got bumrushed with the number of E-Files. Im definitely not surprised with the longer than expected wait times.

Hope your suppressor comes in soon! What did you order?
    Last edited by marshhunter; 10-15-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      That's crazy! Gotta be something amiss Chance. I'm sure you have checked to make sure all the I's are dotted and T's crossed.
      My bad. This was a paper file. But 15 months still seems a bit long!

Comment

Let me correct myself as I was wrong. Looks like I ordered it on 9/9/2021. Checked my online account and there have been no updates. Again, this was a paper file, not the E file. Sounds like the E file is likely way faster.

Comment

By efile was 151 and cashed in February

Comment

198 days and waiting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy got his last week after 6 months. I don’t what all the fuss is about. His AR10 was still loud as hell

Comment

Just had my paper form approved this week. 15 months….
                Have a pile of eforms waiting. 6-7 months seems to be the norm. This is absolutely frustrating

Comment

I'm at 216 days rt now...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    My buddy got his last week after 6 months. I don’t what all the fuss is about. His AR10 was still loud as hell
                    You talk crap about **** near everything lol. Feeders. Weapons. The way folks hunt. Folks buying new tires. Now this. We get it. You’re a crotchety old dude who is set in his ways.

Suppressors can make a HUGE difference. The can has to be quality and the rifle should be tuned correctly. I have a bunch. Some are built for the most decibel drop I can get. Others are for taking the initial blast down but being compact.

Efile approvals are all over the dang place. I knew it would happen. I’m pretty shocked silencer shop didn’t overload and shut the system down like last time now paper and eforms are both crazy wait times. Good ole ATF. I’m waiting on em to catch up some before I buy another if they ever do lol

Comment

I think we may be in store for some good luck pending this Supreme Court case. ATF tried to throw out Texas suppressor freedom and Supreme Court is going to hear it. There is a good chance once they become OTC you won’t ever see one on a shelf for years to come. Might be wise to buy multiple cans now through e-file and maybe sell them later

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4F82413-52EB-4FFC-8147-7C998D8472D2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	24695973I got in early and still had to wait 127 days...bet it’s way up there now.

Comment

Took 179 days total for mine. Working on another one now.

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          I'm on day 158. Last I heard it was around120 days. Anyone else waiting longer?

Comment

The TX Freedom Suppressor Bill turned out to be pretty worthless and nothing more than symbolism.

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                            I think we may be in store for some good luck pending this Supreme Court case. ATF tried to throw out Texas suppressor freedom and Supreme Court is going to hear it. There is a good chance once they become OTC you won’t ever see one on a shelf for years to come. Might be wise to buy multiple cans now through e-file and maybe sell them later

Comment

Took 200 days exactly for mine to come in.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

On about 9 months

Comment

Working...
                                X