No announcement yet.

Getting in Shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna get into shape fast, do a mile run, followed by 200 pull-ups, 200 squats, and 200 pushups.

Work up to it if you can’t do it and after you master it, throw a backpack with weights on and do it again.

It won’t matter what you eat.

Comment

If you are just looking to drop a few pounds and overall feel better, don't over complicate it.

As stated, diet is the most important, with exercise second.

There's really simple things you can do. Don't eat too late, cut down on carbs, suger, limit alcohol consumption, etc. Shop the outside aisles of the supermarket for the fresh foods. Limit frozen and prepared foods. Fresh meats, not fried. Eat fresh greens, etc.

On the exercise, don't overlook a simple 1-2 mile daily walk. Start jogging if you are up for it and add time, distance, increased pace as you progress. Don't overdo it out of the gate if you haven't been very active. Get up earlier and get the exercise out of the way in the morning before work. It's easier to make excuses in the evening time or if you get hung up at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
        Wanna get into shape fast, do a mile run, followed by 200 pull-ups, 200 squats, and 200 pushups.

Work up to it if you can’t do it and after you master it, throw a backpack with weights on and do it again.

That sounds like the pre-test for the Special Ops folks. Of course it was swimming for me instead of a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
          Besides hiring a trainer, what’s a good program to get started with. I’m 53, could loose about 20 lbs, but just wanting to feel somewhat fit again. My job isn’t physically challenging in the least and thinking about a gym membership (cause it’s too dang hot out to start working out in it), but open to other in home options as well.

TIA.
          After battling weight gains and losses, working out til I about died....3 knee surgeries and one back surgery, at 56 years old I have finally got educated that

1) It's 90% diet and 10% exercise at the end of the day, if it's about your weight and internals (all the key things you get measured during physical).
          2) Any exercise is good.....just do it for 30-45 minutes per day and make sure it get's your heart rate moving (and slowing down), then moving again. Do something that you don't hate.
          3)For me, I find changing the routine reduces boredom. We (wife and I) mix in:

A) cardio (treadmill, stair master (good for mountain training and best to get my heart rate up)
          B) weight machines - at least twice a week
          C) Yoga - life changer for me in flexibility, back health, stress reducer and improving sleep
          D) Farm work - We get our cardio on weekends a the farm.

From a diet perspective, wife eats many small meals, whereas I am a keto guy. During week, I fast til lunch (coffee, butter and brain oils). Lunch can be some nuts, smoothie (I make), nuts and maybe some pork rinds (like today). Supper will be another smoothie, nuts, pork rinds or maybe some meat and cheese. That's week days. Friday - Sunday noon, I live and allow myself to eat. I eat what I want (had tex mex this week for work anniversary), but just don't do bad more than one day in a row. Try not to drink Sunday - Wednesay.

Down 30 llbs, gained back 12 during covid gym closures and lock downs. Since lost 6 back as I refocus on two western hunts.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            Listen to Dave Goggins on Rogan. Then go run 100 miles. :-)
            Yep Goggins is a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by quackerbox View Post
              dont do this if youre married. Do it if you wanna shag more

cross fit gyms need to have upside down pineapple flags hanging from the billboard
              lol!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                My neighbors were always giving away pineapples. They would set them on their porch. I thought they were upside down so the juice wouldn't settle at the bottom. Always thought that was very nice of them. They must have given away a lot of them because there was always people in and out of the house. Good neighbors.
                LOL!!!! So how many did you get Chew?

Comment

LOL!!!! So how many did you get Chew?
                  Never really had time for the pineapples. Just stepped over them and went on in. [emoji23][emoji23]

Semper Fi

Comment

Just starting, Join some workout program with others. I do Orange Theory and love it..
                    But your gonna need someone/group to keep you accountable. Once your body knows it needs to workout (because when you take a day off you feel like pooo) you can quite whatever gym program you started if you desire.
                    Just my recommendation to join some program for accountability..

Comment

Thanks all for the input. I'm getting a handle on eating clean, it was the workout portion I had more questions on. Thanks again!!

Comment

NO carbs after 6:00 Pm!!... If you can handle it Keto and intermediate fasting WILL make you loose weight!

Comment

For me it seems like the first two weeks are the toughest. Not physically but just getting in the routine and wanting to workout over going fishing or doing something else. I’ve been running, hitting the exercise bike and lifting weights at the house for a few months and enjoy it now. I honestly don’t even like rest days anymore but know that it’s necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post

I don’t have enough time for me to do 200 pull-ups.

I could knock out the push ups, squats, and mile in probably as long as it would take me to do 200 pull ups.

215lbs with longer arms makes me hate pull-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep Goggins is a beast!

Elon Musk ain't the first man on Mars 👀#davidgoggins #elonmusk #shorts

Comment

absolutely 10000% accurate AND true! hilarious...

Comment

Working...
                                X