Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got distracted by the Stars last night

Comment

Just a regular old board, or so I thought...

Resawn and has an awesome inclusion inside. Trying to figure out what color i want the epoxy to be. Black would be pretty timeless...

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks more like the guy from Operation. Water on the knee?

Comment

Man I would make a side table out of that one end and leave it. The rectangular pieces on the other end really detract. Square ends in the middle of the table would look super weird. Just my 2 cents which is worth what you are paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
            Man I would make a side table out of that one end and leave it. The rectangular pieces on the other end really detract. Square ends in the middle of the table would look super weird. Just my 2 cents which is worth what you are paying for it.
            I agree with your assessment. Using scraps is going to make this difficult... I am playing around with some different angles...I have a few more scrap pieces... I am also planning on getting rid of the square edges and kinda making it look "natural" by sanding the straight edges.

Comment

Found a solution and another problem.

Solution.....played around with a ton of different designs. Since it's all scrap, this is tough to find one that "works". The good news is that I found a design that everyone will like.

The newest problem...tried to get a rough estimate of how much epoxy I need, and I way undershot it. Looking like at minimum 2 gallons just for the table. About to pour the floating shelves (the original project that this project is a spin-off of) and will see how much epoxy I need to buy.... It's not cheap!

Comment

Decided to go with a life sized bull redfish out of walnut. LOL. I'm sure he wife will love it. I'll figure out how to do the spot.

It's important to remember that ANYTHING is better than the unpolished te-rd I have right now.
                Attached Files

Comment

How cool is this?? I'm definitely following along!

Comment

Picked up 3 gallons of epoxy. Set me back 300. Cried a little. Going to sneak this one in the checkbook somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Picked up 3 gallons of epoxy. Set me back 300. Cried a little. Going to sneak this one in the checkbook somehow.

good luck. What epoxy did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                        good luck. What epoxy did you go with?
                        Aluminite Deep Pour.

Comment

I'm sure you have done your research on this, but just wanted to ask about your plan for keeping bubbles out after pouring.

Comment

The redfish idea is pretty cool. I can't wait to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              I'm sure you have done your research on this, but just wanted to ask about your plan for keeping bubbles out after pouring.
                              Yes, I have a blow torch that I am going to use when I am ready to pour. Heat gun should work also.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                The redfish idea is pretty cool. I can't wait to see this.
                                I just hope other people can see it, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X