Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Steph Curry is the face of their company
    And that's a bad thing? My household actually quit buying or wearing Nike and went with UA instead because of the Steph Curry and Nike falling out.

Comment

Nike will lose a lot more customers than they gain with their little shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        Pretty comical stance from a company that employs slave children to make their products.

x2

"Ex-CIA Director John Brennan and former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad joined a strangely diverse chorus of support for activist Colin Kaepernick after Nike made the unemployed quarterback the face of a new ad campaign.

Nike announced on Monday that Kaepernick would be the new face of the company’s “Just Do It” campaign, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary."

And I hope its their last anniversary too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Nike will lose a lot more customers than they gain with their little shenanigans.
          I wish that were true. Unfortunately there are too many people that do not care about this and will buy their products regardless. I am sure Nike will still be supported widely by the mindless customer that like their products regardless of where Nike stands on this issue and who they choose as their spokesperson. Sad really sad!

Comment

The problem is Nike sells to a lot of High School and College sports programs. Your schools may be supporting them and your kids wearing their products on Friday night. So you may be supporting them even without buying their products.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              ^^^The potential is ceratianly there. with all the companies that now produce the same/similar merchandize, I personally believe they made a calculated move to attract some of the "demographic" they have lost due to expanded competition. I don't think they will loose as much as some people think.

Companies these days have tons of purchasing history/data and certainly use it. Since I don't know anybody that believes Kaepernick is a "hero" for his protest it's hard for me know what people that like him really think/believe. In other words, is he a "hero" in heir eyes?

observation:

with the polarization of our country it's not easy to remain "neutral"(have a slightly different opinion)... No matter what someone thinks peeps want them on their side and if they don't agree with them 100% then they are either traitors or they are racist... That's with all issues to include politics. With all of the social media access, people have never been more miss-informed..

For example, there are people that believe an officer shot an unarmed black teen who had his hands up in Ferguson. It's what was largely portrayed in the media/social media and what some believe. To these people Kaepernick is a hero. I am uncertain as to their numbers but they certainly exist. And this is not to say that these are the people that Nike is targetting with their sales campaign.
              Last edited by Pedernal; 09-04-2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I quit buying nike in the 90's but what did Steph Curry do I'm supposed to hate?

Comment

4 Billion so far they have lost.

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Comment

Comment

I have very few Nike products. The shoes dont fit, made for lady footed men....I guess. Their clothes are made for people with flat butts, no fit me there either. The rest of their products were pretty cheaply made.

Its pretty obvious that Kap thinks, in his mind, that he is a hero. He wouldnt have done the ad. So you know what is said about being prideful(arrogant) and having a haughty spirit?
                      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-04-2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Seems like a stupid move to me but then again I'm not likely the demographic they are targeting

Comment

I’ve got a custom pair of air max ones with my initials on the back ordered. Should be here by the 14th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stock is down 3% so far today

Comment

Maybe Nike and Dicks are going for a chapter11 merger....

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                                If a person has a pair of new Nikes does this mean he needs to burn them ? Asking for a friend.
                                You could donate them to a homeless vet group.

Comment

Working...
                                X