Recommend San Antonio Shooting Ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend San Antonio Shooting Ranges

Got a new 308 and need a place to sight it and find the ammo it likes. What range would y’all recommend?

I am fond of A Place to Shoot on the south side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't know about ammo, probably "A Place to Shoot" call them. However, my favorite range is The Bullet Hole. Call them too.

Comment

Go up to Bandera to the gun club

Comment

Bracken Range is the best.

Comment

Mission ridge for ammo. They have tons of different 308 on the shelf. 100 yard Indoor range is just like any other indoor range. Place is nice though.

‘A place to shoot’ ain’t bad. It’s just outdoors and Facility’s aren’t much.

Comment

Bexar community shooting range or lone star handgun. Out of the 2 I prefer bexar.

Comment

I hate all the ranges here, spoiled by the range in Cheyenne. If I have to go to a range here I usually end up at The Bullet Hole, it has up to 300 yards and lighted 100 yard range to extend hours. Go when they're not busy or people will be constantly stopping to go change targets. The old range officer is completely deaf and he'll yell random incoherent stuff at you, just wave him off and he goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  Go up to Bandera to the gun club
                  I don’t what’s up with JM ( the owner) but both times I was there in October it was really run down, no target back drops and no sand bags was a problem on the 100yard , and that cleft lip guy was a major jerk , I don’t want to change ranges but this place has seen better days unfortunately
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-25-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    I don’t what’s up with JM ( the owner) but both times I was there in October it was really run down, no target back drops and no sand bags was a problem on the 100yard , and that cleft lip guy was a major jerk , I don’t want to change ranges but this place has seen better days unfortunately
                    I go cause it’s never crowded, maybe 4-5 people on all ranges combined, and closer than our personal ranges. It’s never been anything fancy but will get the job done. I always take my own bags but yes some bags and rests in some of the lanes are poor. Cleft lip feller, well he’s been that way since I can remember. I always just ignore him and leave him to his cigarettes.

Comment

I go cause it’s never crowded, maybe 4-5 people on all ranges combined, and closer than our personal ranges. It’s never been anything fancy but will get the job done. I always take my own bags but yes some bags and rests in some of the lanes are poor. Cleft lip feller, well he’s been that way since I can remember. I always just ignore him and leave him to his cigarettes.
                      Yeah that guy always seems to be in some kind of mood. I haven’t been out there is a year or so though.

Comment

Lonestar handgun is pretty good

Comment

JM's home burned down a couple of months ago. Him and his wife have been living in a travel trailer out front of their home, while it's being repaired.

The cleft lip guy, Mike, has always been a jerk for as long as I can remember. I just ignore it and go on.

The place is getting run down, that's for sure. One of the rifle ranges, all of the railroad ties are down, the backboards need changing and I haven't seen a rifle rest that wasn't damaged.

I usually take my own gear when I go. The range is about 10 minutes from my house so it's very convenient.

Comment

Working...
                          X