.410 reloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.410 reloading?

Been kicking around the idea of getting a .410, but with shells being scarcer than hen’s teeth I thought about getting set up to reload for it as well. Then I started shopping, and What The Hell?!?! If I wanted to load .12 or .20 I could get a Lee for around $60, but anything I can find for .410 starts out at $600?

I freely admit I don’t know jack about reloading, but why such a disparity?

Relax. Google MEC. Used ones show up pretty frequently for $100-125.

Comment

Only problem with your idea is components are scarce too and shot is $60 to $80 a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Only problem with your idea is components are scarce too and shot is $60 to $80 a pound.
        I bought some at Bass Pro recently for around $55 a bag. Primers are non existent. I did score 10,000 Cheddites at Ballistic Products about a month ago. Federal primers show up every once in a while. But you better snag them when you see them. Wads are fairly easy to find.
        Last edited by M16; 01-24-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I bought some at Bass Pro recently for around $55 a pound. Primers are non existent. I did score 10,000 Cheddites at Ballistic Products about a month ago. Federal primers show up every once in a while. But you better snag them when you see them. Wads are fairly easy to find.
          A bag is 25lbs

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
            A bag is 25lbs
            Thanks, fixed it.

Comment

Plenty of 410 ammo...just gonna cost $1/round & up.

Comment

410 shoot 1/2 oz at least regulation skeet

That’s 800 rounds per bag.

Comment

If you don’t intend to shoot a lot of 410 rounds, you might want to consider reloading brass cases. Can use large pistol primers and a lot of your existing reloading gear. Probably works best in O/U or single shots where you can retain the spent cases easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X