Never too late to rattle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never too late to rattle.

I shot this buck 1/7/22. It was freezing that morning, the day after a strong front had pushed through. I had seen a few does come through the open field from my left coming east to west at about 8:30. They had a fairly mature buck with them, I was not able to get a good look at his headgear though. He briefly worked a scrape at the very end of a shooting lane about 150 yards away.
    The deer left as quick as they came. It was about 10 o' clock and decided to give the rattle bag a try with a few grunts mixed in. I had this buck come from behind me heading south along a small drainage. He was definitely trying to find where the fight was. He made his way through the woods after a bit and lost sight of him. After rattling a bit more he came back through again and I decided to shoot him.
    I shot him at 75 yards using my new cva wolf that I sighted in the day before. I bought it with scope rings attached and mounted a cheap busnell banner 3x9 on it. 3 shots later was dialed in using a Winchester primer, 2 pyrodex pellets, and hornady sst low drag 250 grain 50 cal sabot. Could not have been happier with the purchase.

Pics

Almost forgot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

A buddy's dad rattled and shot a buck last weekend in Atascosa

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

That's a nice buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations, nice buck and nice shooting.

Comment

Beautiful buck…congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, awesome hunt!

Comment

Nice MZ hunt, congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

Thanks y'all. It was the only deer I shot this year. My uncle has had him on camera at least the last two or three years. He had pictures of him throughout the summer but disappeared when the season started.

Comment

Working...
                        X